ZC What did you eat today?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #162

[quote=“Jacquie, post:160, topic:4913”]
I like pork pink towards rare
[/quote] Exactly @Jacquie! You describe the doneness I’m seeking, but the 140F was a mix of mostly reddish with pink mixed in, a bit too rare for me!

(Jacquie) #163

I like rare meat but pork can be tricky. Love raw beef. :heart_eyes:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #164

Working my way there… I need to find someone that knows how to source good beef for raw consumption. I dislike medium cooked now, I prefer rare with some cuts and medium-rare with others. Someday I will have raw beed! :grinning:

Many moons ago, before my 16 years as vegan/vegetarian/pescatarian…see where this is going…I used to eat raw ground beef from the grocery store. Yeah, lucky I never got sick. :open_mouth:

(eat more) #166

i remember doing this as a kid when my mom would be making burgers…grab with fingers, salt, pop in mouth…she never let me have more than one grab :cry:

(Sascha Heid) #167

1 week ago i got 14 pounds of fresh beef from a farmer. Steaks, ground beef and liver. He slaughters once a month.
What i also get from there are fresh eggs and fresh raw milk. From another place i got homemade butter. Did you know that butter has a strong taste and a smell that fills the whole room when you fry something with it? I didn’t.
The Steaks are “thick” and require effort to cut and chew. And they have a full taste as well. They satisfy me, they make me happy.

I feel like i have been duped my whole life.
All of this stuff tastes so amazing and i feel so full of energy that i can’t wrap my head around it.
It’s not even more expensive and some things (milk and eggs) are even significantly cheaper then the stuff from the supermarket.

Please, look for local farms and try their meat, their eggs, their milk, their butter, their cheese.
You will not regret it.

(Genevieve Biggs) #168

I am suffering. Cheap strip steak dipped in egg and a mixture of pork rinds with Parmesan, fried in beef bacon grease, and topped with a touch of cheddar. How will I ever survive? :smirk::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

(Genevieve Biggs) #169

Zero Carb is not boring, difficult, or limiting. Burger, parmesan eggs, bacon, and sour cream. I whipped this in about ten minutes. And I won’t leave this meal bored or hungry. :sunglasses: #ZeroCarb #NoProteinLimit #Feast

(Charndra Pile) #170

The good part is it wasn’t the six meals every kid is being taught to eat these days! My youngest son has to​ eat 6 meals a day as he’s severely underweight, and it’s a nightmare trying to remember! Especially when I eat usually two large meals in some window, followed by fasting, oops, better feed the kids something, LOL. Nah, they remind me!

(Charndra Pile) #171

Parmesan eggs- do tell! Is it simply scramble with parmy on top?

(Mary Ann) #172

I like when a forkful represents a good representation of the animal kingdom:

egg, beef, bacon, liverwurst (obviously from the Wurst animal family). :joy:

(Charndra Pile) #173

I’m on a feasting day. I’m going to eat 6 eggs, 500g bacon, sausages cooked in ghee. (Ghee doesn’t spike insulin as much as butter) for brunch.
As mushrooms are neither vegetables nor animal, and I am enjoying them so much, they are also on my menu. They’re actually awesome at sucking up all those delicious fats…

(Mary Ann) #174

Yummm

(Jeremy Storie) #175

Didn’t eat them all but I could have! :grin:

(Jeremy Storie) #176

Smoked pork and chicken :grin:

(James storie) #177

Dang it! I forgot to take pictures! I had three 1/4 pound patties and three boiled eggs for breakfast. Later I ate some egg salad with pork rinds!

(Mary Ann) #178

Chicken leg, brauts, bacon, butter!

(Annette) #179

I’m a little behind and I haven’t read about this drink previously. Is mixing the ACV with the mineral water merely for taste or for some other benefit? TIA

(David) #180

For me it adds a bit of a zing to the water. I can’t remember where I got the idea from or why I did start drinking it, but I like it.

I also drink water with buffalo wing hot sauce in. Got that one from somewhere on this forum.

I just always feel a kindred spirit with anyone else who says “dang” as much as I do.