ZC What did you eat today?

(Joe Schuyler) #224

Good tip, thanks! The crock pot is usually my go-to for a chuck roast. What kind of Sous Vide do you have?

(Chris W) #225

I have two of the cheap Monoprice Sous Vides. They work great.

(Chris) #226

I tried my first pan-seared chuck roast yesterday. Did a reverse sear for an hour at 250 (it was thick). Barely any fat rendered and when it was done it tasted like ass…definitely not the right method for me. I had better luck making stews with it in the past using a slow cooker, but perhaps a sous vide might be the better option.

I gave that roast to my cats, they didn’t really like it either but since it was the only thing to eat, they ate some.

(Carpe salata!) #227

I think the pressure cooker only has one setting - really hot. But it breaks down a tough meat cut into a mouth melting treat. My sister makes a great risotto in about 8 minutes. I think this chuck was in there for an hour.

(Norma Laming) #228

I had to google that to find out what it is! From the entries I read it looks like a mix of meats, possibly with veggies and sauce, with the meats being grilled for a long time but obviously very slowly?

I’m really interested to learn about shawarma and I’d love to know exactly what meats you ate and how they were cooked. Presumably you didn’t have veggies or sauce?

(Chris) #229

This thread gets no love!

(Doug) #230

6 hard-boiled eggs this morning, with a good bit of salt sprinkled on. WIN.

Yum!

(Erica) #232

Now I have a plan for this weekend :blush:

(Ellen) #233

Damn that’s perfectly cooked and looks amazing :laughing:

(Ellen) #234

Hush you! That’s perfectly cooked :wink:

18 oz fatty brisket slow-cooked, with au jus.

(Jason) #236

$5/lb beef tenderloin from Aldi!
With a little Ribeye on top.

Oh my mouth…

(Elizabeth ) #238

First meal was chicken livers wrapped in bacon, second meal was 14 oz of prime filet with butter and half a pound of roasted tri-tip. I’m not bored yet are you? :joy:

(Nathan Toben) #239

Local lamb cooked in browned butter and herbed salt. Soaked up the juices with Epic Salt & Pepper Pork Rinds. It tasted good and my body welcomed it.

I am in love with the epic salt and pepper pork rinds! I just wish they were more affordable.

What did I eat today?
Scrambled egg with cheese for brunch, followed by chicken wings in lime, garlic and chilli oil, just now. About to follow them with some extremely mature cheddar.

(bulkbiker) #242

Scrambled eggs and frankfurters for lunch and just had two enormous pork chops from the sous vide. Stuffed. No pics because they didn’t last long enough…

Is that hot sauce on those eggs? Everyone I know says that’s gross but no one will try it