ZC What did you eat today?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #143

4 scrambled eggs cooked in duck fat with melted cheese, I’m stuffed!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #144

Parmesian Crusted Pork Chops. I baked these at 350F for 20 min, broiled for 5 and they were moist chops! I had a bite of my Hubby’s that was coated in mustard and garlic before the cheese and the flavor was over the top. I will have a whole chop with mustard and garlic after ZC March.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #145

Not “officially” ZC, but I always aim to be low.

Today so far: fasting (plain water only) till around 1pm, then frankfurters, fried in coconut oil and butter, plus extra butter on the plate. With 2 eggs sunny side up. Small slice of gouda (for the vitamin K2 mostly). Hoping to make that do for today (other than black coffee & water). Am trying to do a restricted feeding window = ~IF, but I’m being stricter than I usually am in the fasting period, i.e. outside my feeding window of midday-8pm - only plain water in the fasting period.

(Some brands of frankfurter are higher in carb than others, but these supermarket own-brand ones are really low in carbs (1g per 100g)).

(Alex Dipego) #146

pork and beef… Simple yet tasty. Honestly the simplicity is so nice with ghee, salt, pepper and meat… Plus fire of course .

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #147

Brisket in the car or perhaps Car Brisket! My local market sells big junks of meat at lunch, and the staff deliver when I ask for about a pound with the largest fat cap/strip/section. This was nearly 50% fat and I couldn’t finish it. I’m greatful for this WOE because I can return to work without needing a nap following a big lunch :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

(Genevieve Biggs) #148

Don’t worry, ZC means zero plant foods, not absolutely zero carbs. So the carbs in stuff like cheese and eggs are totally allowed.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #149

Today I managed to find some liversausage (liverwurst), something I love, but is hard to find where I live.

It was already opened, and I bought all they had left (about 700g). I would have bought a whole one, but they didn’t have any others in.

I just cut it into thickish slices and ate it with a fork. (In the past, I’ve eaten it with slices of cheese, but I’m going easy on dairy for now, and I was enjoying it on its own).

It was surprisingly filling. I think I had about 300g, but it might have been a bit more. It has stuff like sugar and wheat flour in it, but it can’t be much as it’s only 1g/100g carbs. Not too much protein and a good amount of fat.

In addition, I had 2 boiled eggs (at different times) each with a bit of butter. That little lot has been as satisfying as just about anything I’ve eaten in the last few weeks, somewhat to my surprise.

(Meeping up the Science!) #150

2x sirloin tip steaks and possibly a third if hungry, though I don’t seem to be. Rendered the fat that came with them to make tallow - surprisingly more than I thought.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #151

More liversausage, together with Gouda cheese.

Later, far more beef rib than intended (with some butter). (Was only planning to eat a little, saving the rest cold for tomorrow, but it was too tempting). Almost certainly over-did my protein limit, so tomorrow’s scale news will probably not be good. No “visible” carbs that I can think of though.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #152

Quick steak strips in eggs with mozzarella

(Steven Judd) #153

I recently rediscovered Braunschweiger, which I used to eat often as a kid. I just don’t do the toast and honey with it anymore. Tastes great!

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #154

Phew…got away with it this time…same weight as day before. Not “bad news” can be good news.

More (cold) beef rib today and the rest of the liversausage.

Also was pleasantly surprised to find my wife spontaneously tucking into the beef…she’s not normally a big meat eater. I’m trying to gently guide her towards low-carbs, or at least lower carbs. It’s a slow process, but this was a step in the right direction. :slight_smile:

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #155

Had a bit too much beef yesterday (so I thought), but: got away with it again! - actually down 0.6 lb.
Not greatly significant in itself, I know, but good news, as I’ve been bouncing around +/- a couple of pounds for over a week, and I think this may have been the lowest weight so far…“hovering” (ha ha!) just over the 200lb mark. If (when!) I get convincingly below the 200 lb mark for a week, I’ll take another “milestone” photo. (Don’t really like doing this, but I figure that if I’m going through all this, I might as well have some sort of record, in addition to my notebook). Still a long way to go though…

Finished the beef rib today, and had a plaice fillet (20% off every Friday at our local Waitrose!).
With the skin…of course. Who doesn’t like the skin? Well, my wife for one, so I get hers as well… :wink:

Tempted to get Greek Yogurt and creme fraiche tomorrow and binge out, but I fear that way lies madness. Dairy seems to be my downfall (one of them).

(Lauren Casapulla) #156

Went to Gen Korean with @goodgrrl and meat-feasted on pork belly, brisket, roast beef, and rib eye.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #157

I ate the one on the left last night

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #158

Sous vide and then hot grilled thick cut pork chops, mmmmmmm

(Alex Dipego) #159

Liver and mackerel scramble.

1lb liver with 8oz mackerel and 6 eggs cooked in butter :heart:

(Jacquie) #160

Beautiful chops! I like pork pink towards rare provided I know the source.

(AnnaLeeThal) #161

Steak sliced thin and sautéed. Salt for seasoning only.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #162

[quote=“Jacquie, post:160, topic:4913”]
I like pork pink towards rare
[/quote] Exactly @Jacquie! You describe the doneness I’m seeking, but the 140F was a mix of mostly reddish with pink mixed in, a bit too rare for me!