Your favorite keto pastry

(Linda Kaufman) #1

I still can’t find the perfect recipe for keto bread or keto buns. Can they be bought in supermarkets? I’ve never found it.

(Running from stupidity) #3

Diet Doctor rolls

(Carl Keller) #5

I will make a keto microwave mug bun on occasion. It has a different texture to it that normal buns but it works fine for holding a burger patty or sopping up runny eggs or steak juice. Buttering it and toasting it in a frying pan improves the texture greatly.

1 Tbs butter
1/4 cup almond flour
1/8 Tsp baking powder
1 egg
pinch of salt
1 Tbs water (so it’s a bit more moist)

you can add garlic powder or even cheddar cheese if you like.

Have you tried any recipes with wheat gluten and oatfiber? great texture, great rise. tasty. I know-Gluten. But it gives me no gut problems. There are also recipes with no VWG and flax and oatfiber that are very close to real bread.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

I’ve been working lately on a coconut flour bun, you can play with it adding stuff to it which helps eliminate the coconut flavor. My favorite so far has been adding cheese and jalapeños to it. I don’t have a microwave so I bake it at 350F for about 12 minutes in my countertop convention oven.

Grease a cup with butter or other fat (I use bacon grease usually for mine!).

Mix in a small bowl

1 egg
1 T. fat of your choice liquified (bacon grease for me)
1 T. sour cream or HWC (sour cream gives more lift with baking powder)

Whisk well and in another bowl mix

2 T coconut flour
1 t. psyllium husk
1/2 t. baking soda
A pinch of salt

Optional ingredients:
30 grams cheddar cheese grated
10-15 grams of jalapeño natcho slices
Garlic powder
Crumbled bacon bits

Add the dry to the wet and mix well, smooth with no lumps. If you mix in the cooking vessel it sticks to the bottom and doesn’t pop out easy.

Now I add the jalapeño natcho slices, not raw jalapeños. And about 20 grams of cheddar cheese, mix and put in the greased bowl. I use these lids but a small flat bottom oven safe bowl in the shape of what you want is what you need. I use these,

After about 8-9 minutes baking I top with the rest of the cheese.

This is something that I made up based on 90 second microwave bread, but I like how baking it adds a browned bottom and top. But you can microwave it. About 5 carbs.

:hot_pepper::bacon::cheese::bread: = :yum: :cowboy_hat_face:

The best buns (and pastries) I’ve bought are from the Smart Baking Company. I get them from time to time from Netrition, but I’ve read some reports that Walmart carries them in some locations. Too expensive to use on a regular basis.

I’d love to have copycat recipes for both of those. Those SmartCakes are low in carbs and calories.

(Linda Kaufman) #9

Thank you very much for your answers! :slight_smile:

(Linda Kaufman) #10

I found a delicious recipe here myself yesterday. More precisely, my friend told me about it and it was really delicious. It’s zucchini bread. https://club.cooking/recipe/keto-zucchini-bread/ Definitely try :slight_smile: