Will it fry?

(AnnaLeeThal) #21

It didn’t leave me craving sugar, so I’m probably ok continuing to eat it. We don’t make it to TJ’s that often so it’s not something I will have often I think.

(AnnaLeeThal) #22

Baby corn for @Brenda

(AnnaLeeThal) #23

Finally tried brussel sprouts. My life is now complete.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #24

Fry that shit up @AnnaLeeMI!!@

(David) #25

@brenda @AnnaLeeMI @carolT What are you gals using in your fryers?

I was tempted to buy a deep fat fryer the other day. I might have to revisit that idea looking at this thread.

(AnnaLeeThal) #26

I have lard in there right now. I also use tallow. Both delicious.

(David) #27

I bought some lard the other day, but I will ask at the butchers for tallow, give that a try also.

Or, should that be, give that a fry.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #28

@Groversaurus
I use non hydrogenated beef tallow or pork lard

(David) #29

Thanks. I asked in the butchers yesterday if they had tallow. He looked at me like I had asked for Hens teeth.

He recommended beef dripping.

Next time ask what your butcher does with the beef and pork fat scrapings. I recently found a butcher who is willing to give me free beef and pork fat. They throw it out anyway. I offered to pay, even a small fee, and they said no way. I render the fat myself. Here is an example of how I do it. This is example is a small batch, but it follow the same steps for a large batch…it’s really easy:

(David) #31

Cheers for that tip. I’m going in tonight to get some more beef dripping for my frier, and I’ll ask.

(Richard Morris) #32

damn good isn’t it - I get a 1kg box from CostCo every week and fry 6 every night with meat … dinner done.

(Mike W.) #33

Ken’s Market also sells ends and pieces. Pretty cheap too.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #34

I see @richard . . .
Are you getting addicted to Brussels sprouts too?

(Richard Morris) #35

Pulled Lamb, Sprouts and Mushroom and Capsicum

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #36

Peppers, correct? Hot peppers?

Your plate looks delicious as usual. My plate is always so much more full though, no doubt because I eat once a day. You eat breakfast too, correct?

(David) #37

I christened my deep fat fryer today.

I have already fried some brussel sprouts, and some cauliflower, and I have just done a chicken leg.

mmmmmm, soooo crispy.

I love it already.

(David) #38

I might have been a bit TOO enthusiastic. I ate a full cauliflower practically.

Good job I wasn’t making one for a special dinner.

(Ashley Haddock) #39

I LOVE okra! I am going to try breading some with almond flour/parm (probably) and frying it.

(Ashley Haddock) #40

Ok, I thought clicking reply on a single comment would reply to that comment. (I clicked reply on the original post with the okra.) Apparently that isn’t the case and I don’t see anything in the “how to” section about that. Do I have to quote it?