What I've learned after 5 years, 80 pounds of fat loss and 20 pounds of muscle gain

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #101

I see what you did there!

(Hoteski) #102

Lolol

(Jawshoewah) #103

So the fifty grams of carbs right after a workout doesnā€™t throw you out of ketosis?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #104

Amen! Some of the best advice Iā€™ve read

(BorisBritva) #105

For sure, it not even a common sense, itā€™s a wisdom out there, was really a pleasure to read this.
Also, if your body changing quickly and you need new clothes, check https://brickandportal.com

FThis is the best post I have ever read! I have been Keto for almost a year and have also learned a lot and I wish I had read your post before starting. I fell into the trap of making ā€œKetoā€ desserts almost daily for several months. It wasnā€™t until I started eating clean that my body was able to heal. Thank you for sharing your experiences and wisdom!!

(Kelly) #107

That was great advice!!! Thank You

Assuming these items are hitting your macro goals, can you elaborate how almond flour, stevia or (home made) cakes in general should be considered as non-healthy?

I know for myself I can not stop at 1 or even 2ā€¦so I stay away from the desserts or fat bombsā€¦taste too good!

(bulkbiker) #110

For me personally they trigger all sorts of food related addictions.
I made some vaguely bread like keto crackers out of flax seed coconut oil and butter. I could not eat just one and within about 12 hours the whole lot had gone. I have no control over things with that bready texture,ā€¦ I will not have them again so for me they are not healthy.

Great write up. Interesting your highlight of tracking and ā€œcountingā€ calories. Itā€™s something I avoid, but the way you have called for its use is logical. As a tool to get people on the right track with their nutrition, itā€™s invaluable. Thanks for your efforts and sharing!

(Kim G) #112

This is a fantastic share. Thank you so much!

good bullet points.

my challenge is variety, it can get boring having basically the same things week after week. I try and mix things up with finding keto recipes for international cuisines and experiment with spices. I used to eat out all the time, often chinese, and I just canā€™t do that anymore because when I do, Iā€™m thrown out of whack and it takes me a week to get back into ketosis.

Iā€™m so glad I can look at cakes and other carby things and not want them in the least. if I do get sweet cravings, Iā€™ve found some substitutes that work, but I can feel how the artificial sweeteners affect me and remind myself that I donā€™t feel good afterwards.

(Ron) #115

And how is this not improving health? And what makes you think a ketogenic diet isnā€™t whole foods based?

please show me the science?

(karen) #117

Why not?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #118

Vegan, no fat?? That doesnā€™t leave much in the way of nutrition. Are you taking B12?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #119

My understanding is it is really difficult to be vegan keto. One cup of quinoa, for instance, has 39 carbs. And fruit has a lot of carbs. Maybe you can tolerate that amount. But are you really doing keto?. You say fat is bad - are you talking about saturated fat, or all fat? If I were attempting vegan keto, I would definitely add avocado, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, etc. Are you doing this?

(karen) #120

I donā€™t think the poster said anything about being keto. She joined the group fifteen minutes before providing her first post entreating all of us to stop eating fat. In a very long thread outlining someone elseā€™s success with a LCHF diet.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #121

Why do people do that!

(Rach) #122

#5 :ok_hand: