What I've learned after 5 years, 80 pounds of fat loss and 20 pounds of muscle gain

(Beth) #21

All very good points, but for me #3 is ringing loud today. I’m really bad about a little bit here, a little bit there. I didn’t do that at all today – I committed to tracking it all to make sure I’m good with the macros and guess what? It was a better day since I knew I had that commitment. Thanks for the write up!

(Larry Lustig) #22

This was my attempt at a simple introduction:

Can’t make it simpler than that!

(Rich Hopkins) #24

Thanks for this. I’ve been doing this for 26 days now, and down by 11 pounds. I am shocked at this, but I am not hungry. Right now what I am fighting is the habit of eating. I go to the fridge now, not because I’m hungry, but because it is a habit. Fortunately, I open the door, look around, and realize that I’m not hungry and close it, but still, it’s an aggravating habit that I want to beat.

(Alison) #25

Such a great post and very motivating

(Jacquelyn Graham) #26

Yes, this. People who ask me about it get all wrapped up in all sorts of details and I honestly think it’s because so many diets they’ve run across in the past are crowded with lots of particulars (my theory is its to distract people from realizing how little the diet actually works and give them something to potentially blame themselves for when it doesn’t work.) Anything that is incredibly complicated is only going to work long term for OCD personalities. And I struggle with the habit of eating, too. I have so much more time now and it’s hard sometimes to find things to do with it. I’m getting back into quilting again, which is lovely for me, but not so much for our pocketbook! Still, I’m loving the energy I have and how good I feel.

(Cath Empson) #27

Thank you

(anonymous223) #28

Great read. :slight_smile:

I just read this (again apparently) and I thought I’d like the post. I already did…

Since I just typed all that (mobile) you get a bump :wink:

(Ted) #30

Excellent advice and reinforcement for newbie and veterans alike.

(Dawn) #31

So cool

Thanks so much for this!

It reminds me to stop being lazy about tracking my food. I mean really, is that too much to ask myself in exchange for better health? I’ve been ketoing for six months and loving it.

(Rachael ) #33

Fantastic. Thank you. :smile:

That’s so true! I have OCD tendencies especially with food, I’ve noticed that I’m so happy knowing counting every gram of food/nutritional value is part of being Keto, we fit together so well! I was a lazy eater as in I would regularly eat very little, I hated cooking, eating was a chore and body went into atrophy. Since Keto 4wks ago I’ve never eaten so much or been in the kitchen so often! You can’t get me out of it and I love it :slight_smile: Just waiting for this energy boost everyone talks about though…!

Just what I needed to read today. Being Easter week I’ve had way more keto junk food. Part of 3 cheesecakes and some fudge this week. Time to get back to it. Great post. Just because it’s keto does that make it perfect

(Kathy ) #36

Thank you for your advice. It helps.

Awesome summary. I particularly second point number 5, I think a huge element of making keto work long term is retraining your taste buds and developing a healthier relationship with food.

(TWill) #38

Thanks for the advice. Time to give this a go :slight_smile:

(Let's get going...) #39

Well Done! Very informative.

I am sooooo glad to hear this is a normal thing!! I have woken up in an absolute panic from a dream in which I ate a sandwich on bread before I even realized it!! My husband has also had dreams of accidentally eating some serious carbs!