What do you think of Dr. Berg’s teachings on keto?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #136

“Are you kidding me?”—J. Fung :grinning:

(Aimee Moisa) #137

Oh yeah, I love that one! ROTFLMAO

(Omar) #138

So the conclusion you like long detailed scientific videos while I like Dr Eric Berg style of short videos

isn’t that what they call diversity ?:joy:

I am not intending to study medicine.

So the only option I have is to find people I trust and keep an eye on their credibility.

I have not observed any thing that would make me classify Dr Berg anything other than descent credible person. May be he isn’t but I can’t prove it.

There are lots of people in this forum I trust and listen carefuly to their opinions and that is how I form my views. Never from a single source.

Regarding his boring voice I am not sure I share the same view as his tone varies significantly and facial expressions and body language that removes him from my classification of a boring voice.

But again that is more of opinion than objective resolution.

thanks

(Aimee Moisa) #139

i love diversity too! :slight_smile:

(Eli) #140

Why is he so against GMO’s? From everything I’ve seen they’re almost completely harmless.

(Ron) #141

Maybe this will help you understand.:slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know much about him but I recently downloaded an avalanche of Keto podcasts, one of which happened to be Dr. Bergs. I don’t know if I am being harsh but his podcast is the most pointless podcast I have ever listened to. They last on average 3-5 minutes, and like you say there is a Dr. Ozness to him, I feel like I am being sold something instead of being educated. I unsubscribed after the 5th episode.

(Steve) #143

Sorry, but that article is just awful. Lots of misinformation, no sources sited (and they need to do a grammar and spellcheck) :slight_smile:

I’m not a fan of GMO’s, but we’ve been doing “tweaking” a long time…just through cross-pollination, we’ve managed to make sure there isn’t a natural grape left on the planet (think that was 20 years ago).

LOVE this one " the use of GM bovine growth hormone" What!? Confusing the issue of GMO’s with the use of growth hormones in meat production? Yep…muddying the waters.

(Casey Crisler) #144

I like Dr. Bergs low key method of presentation. I agree with most of what he teaches although 10 million cups of salad a day is a little too much for me. I would love to listen to Dr. Fung more often but I can’t get past his saying “right” after every sentence. It’s like saying “you know.” I wish someone would mention that to him.

(Aimee Moisa) #145

Ah great! I didn’t notice that before and now that’s all I’m going to hear! LOL

(Casey Crisler) #146

I know. I probably shouldn’t have mentioned it. Once you hear it… but he really needs to lose that as a pro speaker.

(Aimee Moisa) #147

As I said before, I like how he calls people stupid. LOL

(Sharon) #148

This is going to be quite critical. The more one gets to know him, to “see behind the curtain,” the less one will like him. Apologies for a long post.

Absolutely. The Scientology “mission” had the same address for a long time. Many complaints included attempts at coercing patients into joining Scientology. There were also complaints from the staff of the “Health and Wellness Center” about improper attempts to have them promote the same agenda. A member of my family went to Berg’s “Center” and was pressured towards Scientology, as well as pressured to spend over $1000 on treatment that is simply ludicrous. More about that later.

Berg does not do peer-reviewed work, he takes other people’s stuff and spams out a lot of videos, sometimes stating falsehoods or half-truths, or severe inaccuracies. At times, he does not even pay attention to what he is saying. The “supplements” he tries to sell are a mixture of horribly over-priced substances, things of dubious value, and things of zero value.

Berg cherry-picks the case where that one man did spam a lot, trying to mess with Berg. The man was mad because a member of the man’s family had gone to Berg as a prospective patient with health issues, whereupon Berg pressured them to join Scientology, with a lot of bad consequences that ensued.

Berg’s explanation of the VA Board of Medicine reprimand and fining of Berg is mostly nonsense, a red herring. Berg mentions CRA, NAET, and ACG. Nothing about “BRT.”

“The “Body Restoration Technique,” (“BRT”), a procedure whereby vials of distilled water containing homeopathic imprints are held over certain designated organs or body parts while the practitioner applies tactile pressure by tapping or rubbing accupressure points, allegedly to assist in restoring hormone balance and to address other symptoms.”

This is total quackery, and the Board of Medicine rightly took issue with it. For a while, Berg ran the “BRT Training Center.”

Eric Berg BRT Training Center - 4613 Pinecrest Office Park Dr, Alexandria, VA 22312
Church of Scientology Mission of Alexandria - 4613 Pinecrest Office Park Dr, Alexandria, VA 22312

http://www.casewatch.net/board/chiro/berg.shtml - disciplinary action. Was lucky to keep his Chiropractic license.

All of this can be validated and expanded upon. There are Better Business Bureau complaints against Berg and his clinic. There are Yelp reviews of the clinic.

http://www.doctorscorecard.com/ - this website appears to be not working now. A shame, because the patient and staff comments were invaluable.

For the member of my family, Berg also pushed the " Scientology Purification Rundown" - another example of sheer nutty quackery.

Numerous chiropractors are fronts for Scientology. That may sound crazy, paranoid, etc., but the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has sued for them violating federal law by requiring employees to attend courses that involved Scientology religious practices.

Scientology has convictions against it for fraud, conspiracy, criminal association, breaking and entering, stealing U.S. gov’t documents, espionage against the Ontario, Canada gov’t, libel, theft, interfering with witnesses, and breach of the public trust, among others.

Scientology is horrifyingly abusive to many people. It’s an amazing tale, how this insanity came to be.

About 70 years ago, at a science-fiction writer’s club, L. Ron Hubbard complained about low pay, a penny per word. Lester del Rey made a joke about “create a religion because it will be tax-free.” Other sci-fi writers joined in, laughing and adding their ideas about what the new “church” would be, and about how many people will believe even the most stupid thing.

From the discussion, Hubbard wrote a story, ‘Dianetics: A New Science of the Mind’, which was published in March, 1950, in the ‘pulp’ magazine, ‘Astounding Science Fiction’. Somehow, it caught on as an actual religion… Are people that stupid? Yes they are.

Good sources for information about Scientology:

https://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath

List of documentaries: https://www.ranker.com/list/best-documentaries-about-scientology/ranker-film

https://tonyortega.org/2016/08/08/whale-watching-update-your-2016-mid-year-guide-to-whos-propping-up-scientology/ - scroll down about one-fifth of the way. Karen & Eric Berg have given $250,000.00 to the International Association of Scientologists.

What do I think of Berg? Some of the things he has done are unforgiveable. Or, just “UGH…”

Dr Berg or Dr Berry?
Fixing Broken Metabolism - Dr. Berg
Youtube altering Keto Information
(Aimee Moisa) #149

But you have to admit, his video are really good to help you fall asleep.

(Sharon) #150

Perhaps so.

(Randy) #151

His wife seems nice. :heart_eyes:

(Tony Phillips) #152

I like him. Yes, he sells a lot of supplements, but no one is forcing us to buy them. He’s a likable guy and I think he helps a lot of people.

(Becky) #153

Preketo, my doctor had told me I was going to die if I didn’t lose weight. I shrugged because I knew she was right. I also knew I couldn’t eat another bite of lettuce.

When she continued to read my lab reports to me, explaining how dangerously high each indicator was, my sense of hopelessness and despair increased, because more than once I had eaten 1/2 lb of veggies with every meal, only to fail again.

Finally, I said what I was thinking. “I’m going to die, because I cannot eat another bite of salad!”

“What if I told you, you could lose weight eating bacon, eggs, and steak and never eat a vegetable again?”, she asked.

I reversed my fatty liver, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression and bad knees with keto and less than a cup (if that) of veggies a day. So my n =1 is fat and meat cures!

His 10 cups of vegetables a day video was the last of his I watched. I know I am not the only desperately fat person out there who had been brainwashed that vegetables are the answer.

(Karl) #154

That’s a lot of supplement sales… yeesh.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #155

You have a very cool doctor. I wish they all were like that. Mine is CICO. But then again, he really doesn’t care what I eat, as long as I get my triglycerides down.