What did you NOT eat today?

avoided
success
temptations
unhealthy

(Ellen) #501

Italian housemate has hand made pasta & is making carbonara…have de-camped to my bedroom but can still smell it, am utterly sated but damn it smells good :persevere:

(When in doubt, keep your carbs under 20g) #502

I think you’re well on your way.

I can hardly wait! I mean…oh no, I’m so sorry to hear that. :neutral_face:

:+1:

A new form of keto evangelism: self control.

Bless you, Judy! You’re an inspiration.

Smart.

Too cold to open a window? Maybe a bacon scented candle?

Just throwing “spaghetti on the wall”, to see what sticks. (see what I did there) :grin:

(Ellen) #503

Window is open and suspect some of smell is just in my mind, am just refusing to go downstairs. Bit stupid as I know couldn’t actually eat anything, but home made pasta… :pensive:

(When in doubt, keep your carbs under 20g) #504

You forgot to finish that sentence.

“have de-camped to my bedroom…to search for new housemate” :wink:

(Ellen) #505

If it was my house would only allow keto people.

Success!! I also prepped quiche patties with shredded broccoli, B. Sprouts and anchovies and messed up yet another batch of hard boiled eggs (because I was born without the gene to make hard boiled eggs). Anyway, look at that golden, strained fat dripping.:drooling_face: I freeze it in ice cube trays for easy storage and cooking portions later. My house mate is irritated that the whole house smells like bacon, but at least he’s alive.

What did you Keto today? Part Deux!
(When in doubt, keep your carbs under 20g) #507

:metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal:

(Ellen) #508

Am amazed you didn’t put him out of his hungover misery yesterday.

(Kristin) #509

Great idea!

(ash) #510

I have a egg dash because I kept messing mine up, plus it’s easy and small to use anywhere. Does decent soft, medium and hard boiled eggs!

(it's official - I'm forked) #511

Yes, that’s kinda what I meant by “wander off” - leave by any means necessary :slight_smile:

(Scarlett Hyde) #512

@dlc96_darren This one is for you. This was an incident I prefer to keep out of my mind, it was quite recent when I just started keto, this time I wasn’t nearly as strong, but again, I was confronted with a much harder challenge, compared to the chocolate cake, it was like climbing Mount Everest as opposed to a hill. It was dreadful, I felt so small and just ran and hid like a timid child at the first day of school. And you may be wondering, what is it that frightened me to seclusion? What is it that filled me with such a dread, I decided to run instead of confront the horror. It was, and I am pained as I write this, it was my mum’s génoise, light and airy, covered with a freshly whipped vanilla cream, topped with only the most juiciest berries she could find, a delicate swirl of chocolate letters, a thin layer of beautifully rich and creamy chocolate was spread on a marble chopping board and frozen to make the chocolate that layered the sides of the génoise. I could smell the perfect combinations of the cream and the airy sponge even with my head pressed on a pillow, I could almost taste the delicate flavours all combining to make the perfect dessert, even in my secluded room, I could hear the knife gently slicing into the cake as if it’s a piece of cloud, I could feel the happiness that explodes in your mouth with every single bite. I lay curled up in my bed trying to think of anything except that cake, but it kept creeping into my mind, I eventually fell asleep in my distraughted state and that was the end of the horror for that day. I didn’t even have enough strength to feel proud, I felt relief that it was over but the pain was still there, the voice at the back of my head was still cursing me for not having at least a spoonful, but I knew with such a dangerous cake like this, once you start, you can never stop. I got through the torture, but I was barely clinging on to the keto path, and after a few days of recovery, I discovered a new found strength, if I could get through this, then there was no doubt that I could get through anything else. That was the beginning of my keto journey and the reason why I was able to resist so many of my favourite foods. It was because I was thrown into a deep void of a light, airy and beautifully creamy génoise. This is the day I wish to never talk about again, but perhaps one day, one day I will be able to look back at that day and not feel the regret chewing away at my gut, to not feel pain but instead a triumphant joy. This, my friends was my greatest challenge, and I believe it will continue to be for the rest of my journey.

(Carl Keller) #513

I bought this today, because it looked really good and it was only $8.99. Then I gave it to my next door neighbors. They invited me for Thanksgiving dinner but I already had plans so I felt a desire to do something nice for them.

And before you go thinking I’m just feeding their carb addiction, my neighbors and their kids are all a bit on the thin side. :stuck_out_tongue:

(When in doubt, keep your carbs under 20g) #514

My first day of school ever, my Mom had to stay with me all day, because I cried the whole time. It’s like you’re looking through my soul!

When you get published, I’m buying! :books:

(When in doubt, keep your carbs under 20g) #515

Carl, you through me for a loop there! I was thinking, “are you sure you didn’t go too far on Thanksgiving, and now you’re falling hard?”

Those frozen pies from the supermarket used to be some of my favorite.

(Scarlett Hyde) #516

Thanks, :joy: I’ll write “To Spanky Spankerton who praised my writing in a ketogenic forum” at the front cover.

(it's official - I'm forked) #517

Irrespective of that, you still are :slight_smile:

(When in doubt, keep your carbs under 20g) #518

That would be awesome!

(Carl Keller) #519

Haha! I had to get some enjoyment out of buying that cheesecake! Success is sweeter than any cheesecake. :sunglasses:

It’s the thought that counts and besides, I can always throw them a keto life preserver if and when the time comes. :stuck_out_tongue:

(When in doubt, keep your carbs under 20g) #520

Some people just need to get to that point of desperation, before they’ll listen. :wink: