What did you Keto today?

(Lonnie Hedley) #9982

Still registering 0.8 BK and 87 BG. Total carbs for the day are 149 g, 56 g fiber, 61 g sugar alcohols. That means net carbs are “only” 32 g.
Will test again tomorrow to see if there is any change. Expecting all that fiber and sugar alcohols to wreak havoc on my insides.

(Karen) #9983

Ate about 8 ounces of ribeye at about 4 o’clock this afternoon is now 9 o’clock and I’m really full still

(Running from stupidity) #9984

This was indeed #boringketo. My usual bacon (which is awesome) and some rissoles/patties I made - 500g fatty mince (ground beef for the heathens), the two chorizos I didn’t eat at brekky (blitzed up in the HotMixPro), and 1tsp each of onion powder, garlic powder, hot paprika and chilli seeds/flakes. Next time I’ll try more seasoning, including putting salt in the mix so I don’t have to add it later. Also forgot to add the egg I was going to throw in, although they did seem to hold together OK, although a little dry… #cookinggenius

Ate some breakfast this morning, before heading out to do some yard work today. … Piece of the Delmonico Steak from last night, Eggs and some Bacon.

Actually thinking about fasting now, since I’m missing that empty feeling again. :slight_smile: … Will decide later after getting all the yard work done and see how I feel.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #9986

Great blackened salmon on grilled Roman lettuce.

(Sophie) #9987

Great minds…I did blackened salmon here last night! No pics though…I was too starved for it to bother. :smile:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #9988

This was restaurant food at the Lobster Pot in Provincetown. Had to get my Omega 3s for today. It was some of the best restaurant salmon ever.

(Running from stupidity) #9989

Twelve-hour sous vide porterhouse (NY Strip for the heathens) with mushrooms and Bisto gravy (the royalty of gravy), with cauliflower puree and asparagus.

TBH, the photo isn’t great, which matched the slight grey tinge along the top edge of the steak caused by me leaving it in the pan for a little too long.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. You’ve done better. :wink:

You’re such a perfectionist.

Seriously, the description alone makes me salivate.

The picture just cranks it to 11. :metal: :metal: :metal:

(Running from stupidity) #9991

We both know that’s absolutely true :slight_smile:

Also true, and SUPER annoying. Even on things where I know it’s not possible to be an expert/perfect. i.e. I researched the hell out of keto for three months before starting it. I had good excuses - my wife was traveling a lot in that time and we wanted to start it together - but still, it’s massively annoying. Combine ADHD and Autism spectrum stuff and you get a very messed-up brain :slight_smile:

TBH, I am highly amused by my caption-writing, which is mostly built around taking the piss out of restaurant-style descriptions while keeping them honest and useful. Adjectives are highly-useful here, because they can mean nothing and sound great - my favourite of the last few days was " Market-sourced poached eggs with heritage-pan-fried bacon" - I mean, I bought the eggs at the market and cooked the bacon in a pan with a “several-hundred-year” warranty. But which sounds better? Words, they’re awesome! And people who say “That’s just semantics” drive me nuts :slight_smile:

(Lonnie Hedley) #9992

166 g total carbs yesterday. Minus fiber and sugar alcohols, net carbs were 32. BK was 0.1 this morning. Took the dog for a 9+ mile walk. Yoga. Now eating ALL the fat.

1/2 lb 73/27 ground beef, 1 slice bacon, 30 g hemp seeds, 3 eggs, 4 tbls butter, and 2 tbls ketchup.

(Running from stupidity) #9993

These are insanely expensive down here :frowning:

(Lonnie Hedley) #9994

Even from Amazon? Pretty sure they’re still illegal to grow in the US, so the ones I have (Manitoba Harvest) came from Canada.

(Running from stupidity) #9995

Yeah, Amazon has just opened up here and so now getting things from the US Amazon is really really difficult. I want to experiment with them, but $40/kg means that particular experiment can wait, I have plenty of others to do, like getting my poached eggs right :slight_smile:

(Candy Lind) #9996

The best part of whipping cream for the blackberries is licking the whip …

Well, after working outside for 6 hours today, and sweating the entire time, I decided to go ahead and eat dinner. Actually, wanted to Carb up some for this Fast, to see if it makes a difference? … (Full disclosure, I really wanted to eat some Salted Peanuts while the wife was still cooking, and I absolutely love Peanuts, and just started eating them again just a few weeks ago while we were at Texas Roadhouse.) :slight_smile:

Had her make both Salmon and Haddock, as well as a knockwurst link, and she also made some Cabbage with Ham. And of course, some of those little green buddies of mine! :smile: … Almost ate it all too. But the Pups got a nice bite each of the larger piece of Salmon. But the elder girl is a little mad I didn’t share the pickles. :slight_smile:

I believe you mean “market-sourced poached eggs”. :wink:

(Candy Lind) #9999

Smoked brisket, wild turkey, pork butt and bacon. Buttered Brussels, guacamole, celery. A dab of G Hughes BBQ sauce. Heavenly!

I don’t think there will be room for the blackberries & whipped cream …

(Running from stupidity) #10000

Only when I’m selling something :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #10001

Market-sourced crispy bacon and poached eggs with thick-cut ham steak, cooked in refined bacon grease, on fine bone china.