What did you Keto today?

(David) #9962

yes, I still have a bread bin. I keep my nuts in it.

(Ellen) #9963

Cheesy filled peppers? Looks good.

(Wenchie) #9964

Nom nom :yum:

Thanks, we were going to get more, but didnā€™t want to get too much. Still have some stuff in the deep freezer, and the fridge is pretty much full. ā€¦ Made a bunch of Hamburger patties to future dinners, and re-packaged the rest.

Meanwhile, lunch was made firstā€¦ Sausage Gravy over Biscuits, with an un-cured knockwurst sausage, Bacon and Scrambled Eggs with Cheese.

IMG_0044

(Zenjen) #9966

Tried something new today :slight_smile:

(Karen) #9967

What? Brownies? Little tiny meatloaves? What are these?

(Zenjen) #9968

These are called almond squares. Made of 99% chocolate, eritritol, grinded almonds, eggs, butter and vanilla extract and some lemon juice.

(Diane) #9969

Recipe?

(Zenjen) #9970
  1. you mix 4 yolks with 100 grams of eritritol
  2. Then mix 200 grams of grinded almonds, vanilla extract, 40 grams of melted butter and 100 grams of grated chocolate. now you add juice which you get from 1/2 lemon.
  3. Then you add whipped egg whites (four egg whites)
  4. Now this mixture is ready for baking (30 minutes on 320F)

(Diane) #9971

Thanks!

(Lonnie Hedley) #9972

UFC PPV tonight. Accepted I wanted to snack. Keeping it as low carb as possible though.

Also a good chance to test ketones after eating ā€œKeto friendlyā€ snacks.

(Lonnie Hedley) #9973

Canā€™t just eat junk food, so dinner is 1/2 lbs 73/27 ground beef, spices, and 2 servings reduced sugar ketchup.

Keto advice- what to do
(Running from stupidity) #9974

Market-sourced poached eggs with heritage-pan-fried bacon and split chorizo sausage, topped with Himalayan salt and hand-ground black pepper.

TBH, this was a bit of a flop. I didnā€™t like the chorizo much by itself, so I didnā€™t eat that and will crumble it to put in the burgers Iā€™m going to experiment with at lunch. (It was great in the risotto I used to make, but Iā€™ll just buy the good stuff from my mate at the markets from now on.)

The eggs also werenā€™t perfect - I put them at the front of the photo to overexpose them a bit so you canā€™t see how theyā€™re slipping around on the plate because the white is not EXACTLY set. However, I did learn from that and have a new thing to try next time I cook them that way. (Sunday and my wife is out, so Iā€™m experimenting again.) Having said that, theyā€™re the best Iā€™ve produced so far using this method and I think Iā€™ll get it sorted in the next couple of times of trying.

(Blessed with butter ) #9975

Thatā€™s a nice dinner. Lol.

(Running from stupidity) #9976

The absolute specificity of this mix always amuses me :slight_smile:

(Lonnie Hedley) #9977

The fattier the better. If I could find 70/30 (locally) that is what Iā€™d get. Iā€™ve seen 55/45 online (https://grasslandbeef.com/beef-ground-1-lb-55-lean-keto-ketogenic-diet) :drooling_face: I havenā€™t had anything less than 80/20 in forever, but I can only imagine how dry 90/10 must be.
Maybe itā€™s the cleaver on the package, but this is the best 73/27 Iā€™ve found.

(Running from stupidity) #9978

Yeah, agreed. Iā€™ve just never seen it as anything other than rounded to the neared five - 70-30, 75-25, and so on.

(Lonnie Hedley) #9979

Yeah, other than 73/27, itā€™s always to the nearest 5 that Iā€™ve seen. Almost like their fear of fat says ā€œweā€™d like to offer 70/30, but thatā€™s an unhealthy amount of fatā€.

Hahaā€¦ Yeah, well, if all that was dinnerā€¦ letā€™s just say I would probably have to Fast for about 3 months! :slight_smile: Or hell, I would probably just Hibernate for that time as well!

But I wasnā€™t greedy, and only pulled out the two Delmonico steaks to cook up.

Added some Ham & Cale, with Pickles and Olives. And I only ate half of one of those steaks. :slight_smile:

I made sausage crust pizza. Toppings weā€™re bacon, ham, ground beef, mushrooms and a little green pepper. I ate my toppings in a bowl without cheese (still amazing). My non-keto man requested I make this. Who says you canā€™t turn a carber into a ketoer by making delicious food. :wink: