What did you Keto today?

(Ashley) #9942

Gravy recipe?

(Sophie) #9943

Hope you don’t mind if I borrow that! :smile:

(Sophie) #9944

So what happened to the asparagus??? :thinking:

(Running from stupidity) #9945

I hate it so my wife had that. And, mysteriously, both pieces of haloumi…

(Blessed with butter ) #9946

Soooo I made this today.

. This should last me about 3 months

She said she used about 4 tbs. butter (1/2 stick)
Poured in about 1 cup, give or take, HWC (Didn’t measure)
3 tsp. Chicken Broth Powder for flavoring (Plus Salt/Pepper)

Funny thing is, I was on the computer while she was making the gravy. When she said it wasn’t thickening, and asked how long it would take. (Since I do gravy for my Mushrooms all the time) … I said “it will thicken when you raise the heat some, but it’s not like adding say, Cornstarch”. But, she heard - “Add some cornstarch” :smile:

She didn’t use much really, maybe 2-3 tsp. but it came out really good. - It actually should thicken up on it’s own though, it just takes a little longer without adding any thickeners, like Cornstarch.

Believe me, as much as she loved it, we will be making it again. I will just make sure one of us writes down the measurements next time because it did have nice flavor to it. … Like for my Mushroom Sauce, I use 1 stick butter and 4 oz. HWC. - Cook them in the butter until browned up some, and then add the HWC and turn up the heat some. Then stir occasionally until I see it starting to thicken. By then, as it cools, it’s quite creamy. :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #9948

Sweet thank you I’ll have to give it a try!!!

(Running from stupidity) #9949

OK, so this is a bit of a weird one.

Skinless chicken thighs - stuffed with ham, cream cheese and spinach - wrapped in chicken skin, with cauliflower puree and green beans.

Cocoa tea with a slab of butter floating on the top.

That’s okay, we’re used to it. :wink:

(Karen) #9952

Not weird, wonderful!! Pork rind crust?

(Running from stupidity) #9953

I’ll check tomorrow, but I believe it’s just the chicken skin wrapped around the stuffed thigh with some parmesan crumbled on top.

(Drew Says "Eat the Salt, you damned stinking Keto ape" Hardcore Label Licka ) #9954

Oh! I so like the cut of your gib young lady and I do have a very nice Barolo that would work well with both.

Well, did a meat run this morning to check out a local butcher shop, just to see what they have. … Decided to try a few things out, and may return for some bigger stuff later.

(Heather~KWOL for life!) #9956

This is what I ketoed today…

(Lonnie Hedley) #9957

Saturday’s are for frittatas.

That looks so flipping good. Good thing my phone is waterproof…cause I am drooling!

(Sophie) #9959

Nice Haul! :smile::+1:

(Adriana) #9960

On the weekends I cook pancakes, today we added matcha and dark chocolate to the batter and they turned out delicious! :grin:

(David) #9961

My Wenchie @Karo_Isst_Keto made this for me last week when she was here.

Nom.

nom nom