What did you Keto today?

(Sophie) #9882

Tonight was Grilled London Broil that I marinated for a few hours, steamed broccoli and mushroom/asparagus “risotto”.

And here’s a bonus pic of my Lucy…Hubby isn’t the only one that loves my cookin… we don’t call her “Bubbles” for nuthin! :heart_eyes::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Running from stupidity) #9883

Not eating until lunch, but I just bought a kilo of chicken skin. I suspect it’s for wonton and/or dumpling experimentation.

We use skinny pasta in pad thai. We really like it.

Death by chocolate ice cream!

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-death-by-chocolate-ice-cream/

May have just been the one we got then? But it just said Spaghetti shape on it. Not sure if the other ones have flavor added? Or the one we got was just plain, or if it’s more to what’s added to them? Because the sauce was good, but it didn’t seem to add any flavor to the noodle? … Maybe if we added it to the sauce and let it marinate in it might help? :slight_smile:

But that Death by Chocolate Ice Cream below looks quite tasty!!! :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #9887

Holy crap! Fry that shite up! “Chicarones” at it’s best!

(TJ Borden) #9888

One of my favorite treats that seems like a guilty pleasure, but’s it’s perfectly keto.

(Running from stupidity) #9889

Tell me how you do it and I just might :slight_smile:

(Karen) #9890

One of them is actually just a warming burner. But I do use it a lot. Stove is 20 years old. I really pretty much like it though. Husband would like gas but I like the clean stove top that’s made out of ceramic or glass.

(Running from stupidity) #9891

Me too. I love my induction top. (Well, I would if it was better. Never buying Miele again.)

(Ellen) #9892

Updates will be required on experiments please.

(Running from stupidity) #9893

Most certainly, Nobody is as interested in these experiments as I am :slight_smile:

(Cheyene Burnette) #9894

Thank you!

(Running from stupidity) #9895

Not too exciting - Fathead pizza with a little bit of salad. After no breakfast and lunch, this wasn’t exactly what my protein macro needed. #unplanned

(Running from stupidity) #9896

Blackberries and keto mousse added a couple of grams :slight_smile:

Did you prep them before using? They’re packed in water so they will be watery. My husband usually cooks. He said he uses the “fettuccini” noodles and will fully drain them and sauté them in a spray of oil for about 15 minutes to dry them up. It changes the texture and makes them much less watery. To me, they taste almost exactly like rice noodles (but kinda rubbery lol). Give them a try again but with a soy sauce base. I think they’re perfect for those types of dishes.

(Sophie) #9898

Fry it up just like you would bacon, only maybe a little lower heat for a shorter period of time. And add salt! Totally divine! :heart_eyes: Here’s some I did with skin from thighs a while ago…

(Candy Lind) #9899

What she said! If you do a small batch at a time, you can flavor them up with different seasonings. However, my favorite is stil straight-up bacon nectar and salt. :heart_eyes:

(Candy Lind) #9900

Fried eggs (my favorite, blindfolded), peppered bacon, 90-second pumpernickel toast (buttered, of course). Oh, coffee with cream & cocoa.

(MelissaH) #9901

This is delicious! I’ve made it several times @Rei1216