What did you Keto today?

(Karen) #9220

OK today I made some of the diet Dr. keto rolls. It used almond flour, egg whites, baking soda, vinegar, psyllium husk, Salt and boiling water. Mine didn’t quite look like theirs in that they weren’t really smooth and round and risen high. Mine were flatter and lumpy, but they definitely had a crust and a bread-like texture., although mine were kind of soft in the middle and probably should’ve baked longer. Also I could taste the vinegar which I really didn’t like. And I might not use it next time. Also you had to bake them for about an hour or so when I had my delicious salmon salad this evening the rolls were way behind. They ended up being more like dessert.

(Ernest) #9221

(Christy Frizzell) #9222

Richard’s omelette recipe (with my own tweaks…almost over cooked It :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:) Carl’s Biscuit recipe from Ketoky fired chicken, Keto blackberry jelly (homemade), and KG butter
:yum::yum:

(Ashley) #9223

Never tried all day, I have done for a few hours though, I prefer my egg cooker I got off amazon. 6-10 minutes for 6 medium boiled eggs.

(Lonnie Hedley) #9224

That’s what I currently use. But I was thinking if I could toss them in the “hot tub time machine” in the morning before heading to work and have them waiting for me when I get home that might be a reason to get a sous vide. Just I don’t have any other reason so I’m trying to sell myself on one somehow. :joy::grin::rofl:

:rofl:

(TJ Borden) #9226

I tried eggs when I first got my sous vide. Everyone said you need to start or finish them in boiling water and I figured out why. You want the high heat to set the whites, but not so long to over cook the yolks.

I suppose you “could” leave them in all day, but dopending on the temp, it’s just holding most of the time, so I’m not sure you’re gaining anything. The advantage of time with meat cuts is because it breaks down and becomes super tender. Not really a issue for eggs

(Lonnie Hedley) #9227

Good point. I was thinking if I set a time then it turned off they might go bad. But I remember eating hard boiled eggs on Easter we made the night before and let sit around the house all night. So that’s probably not a legit concern.

(Lonnie Hedley) #9228

Weekends are for frittatas!!!

Creamed spinach with red peppers, black olives, prawns, mushrooms and garlic. Fresh pan fried cod in butter.

Raspberries, pecans and double cream for desert- I finally found a use for my wine glasses again!! Whooo hoo :blush:

(TJ Borden) #9230

Ugh… keto is so restrictive :wink:

lol right :blush:

(Ashley) #9232

There’s also like, no color on keto! :thinking: at least that’s why my neighbor can’t do keto not enough variety.

(TJ Borden) #9233

Maybe he’s color blind? He should really have that checked out… although keto might fix that too :rofl:

(Ashley) #9234

He could be, he also is under the impression I’m hurting myself by eating hardly any vegetables. But to each their own lol. I’ve lost almost 50lbs in 4-5 months and he’s been struggling 4-5 months to lose 5lbs. And zero carb is going to kill me basically🤔

(TJ Borden) #9235

It absolutely will…but probably 30 years later than you would have died with carbs.

Tried Popeyes Blackened Chicken with a side of Blackened Ranch for the first time today, was pretty good! (3 carbs for 5 tenders and 2 carbs for the blackened ranch sauce)

(TJ Borden) #9237

That’s awesome info. I assumed everything there was breaded. I guess I know where I’ll be grabbing lunch at some point next week.

(Ashley) #9238

That’s actually very good info. I’ll hAve to check it out at some point! Haven’t been to Popeyes in years.

(Lonnie Hedley) #9239

Yeeeaaaaahhhhh bbbooooyyyyyy!!!

Who needs variety and color when you have FUEL!!!

My tongue doesn’t make it to the bottom of the bowl.