What did you Keto today?

(Ellie Baum) #8659

Cream cheese blackberry muffins made with flax. Texture was perfect. I only had roasted flax and it tasted too flax-like for me. But I think it would be good with a milder flax. Recipe: https://www.reddit.com/r/ketorecipes/comments/96g1ju/blueberry_cream_cheese_muffins?sort=confidence

(Ernest) #8660

Salmon and eggs with a dash of hollandaise sauce

(Christine) #8661

Yeah, just rinse the crap off it. May of soaked in a bit, but won’t be that terrible.

No photos because I ate it before I thought of taking a photo but I had scrambled eggs w/ cream cooked in butter, w/ pancetta and chives and cheddar cheese. It was delicious!

(Laurie) #8663

Sorry, no photos (ever) because I don’t own a camera. Today I had:

1. Fried eggs.

2. Bell pepper stuffed with canned mackerel and mayo.

3. Cheese.

4. Powdered greens, supplements, avocado.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8664

image|375x500
Lunch with two non-keto Asian friends today. Korean friend made seaweed wraps with carrot, cucumber, egg, tuna and rice for filling, with soy sauce/ wasabi. Japanese friend brought the bread. I made @Shortstuff’s mushroom bacon with cheese sauce. (I ran out of cream, so not too saucy) And I made cauliflower rice. It was a hit! We ended up with a lot of leftover bread and real rice, but not much leftover keto food!

Edit for clarification: I mentioned my friends are Asian because rice is life. It is the biggest issue when I discuss my diet with friends. So their acceptance of cauliflower rice was a big deal.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #8665

Pleeeease share how you made that beauty! Sous vide?
My brasilian roots are all over the place now XD

(Ernest) #8666

Very easy. Salt the meat at least a night before, vacuum seal. This lets the salt dig in deep.
Sous vide at 131 degrees for minimum 2 hours.
Unseal, pat dry, sear.

(Jane) #8667

Thanks @matt !

I will stop soaking my wood chips :smiley:

I found a source for pork belly so going to try making some bacon in 2 weeks when I get home. Yum.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8668

Again?!?!

I went to lunch with friends and had grilled salmon w/ avocado, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and cucumber slices drizzled w/ olive oil & lemon juice. Ate all the salmon and avocado, a few of the tomato wedges, some artichoke hearts, and left the cucumber because it had that thick peel on it, which gives me a stomach ache.
Sorry no photo as I forgot. Not used to photo’ing my food!
BTW, for anyone in the SF Bay Area, Primavera Ristorante in San Ramon has a very keto-friendly menu! Some excellent choices were available.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8670

Again?!?!

Again?! :grin:

(Laurie) #8671

If I ever get a cell phone and post photos of my food, you guys will sure be bored! “Here’s a photo of 2.5 ounces of cheese” “Here’s half a can of salmon (still in the can) with mayo squirted on top. . . .” But people who don’t want to fuss in the kitchen might like it.

My 3 meals today:

1. Bell pepper stuffed with canned mackerel and mayo.

2. Fried eggs.

3. Celery and cheese.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8672

Did I eat one? Who’s counting?

You know, I don’t think I can’t not count them anymore! :rofl: Each time I see your plate, it’s the first thing I do instinctively!!! … Seems to be an embedded ritual now.

I love eggs too, but the poor chickens must really hate to see you coming! :slight_smile:

(Lonnie Hedley) #8674

Average 9 a day. I buy 72 at a time. If it weren’t for eggs, my fridge would be empty.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8675

Last feast before Zornfast. Also had a few cubes raw cheddar goat milk cheese.

6 egg omelette with
Shredded pork
Bacon
Jalapenos
Habanero cheddar cheese

How I got all this to omlette I will never know, but I got it to work.
This thing is effing huge

Man, that looks good. Been a while since I made a meaty, omelette. Maybe this weekend, after breaking fast.

(matt ) #8678

Another skillet pizza.