What did you Keto today?

(Sophie) #8619

Going to spend all day tomorrow on the boat, so I thought I’d make some Bunz for the trip in case I want a sandwich for lunch or something…I’ve started using the whole eggs instead of just the whites to see what difference it makes. I think I like the consistency better and I’m lazy. Also begun to add nutritional yeast and we enjoy the flavor.

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8620

I looked and even the stevia raw has it. I got some liquid drops because they don’t.

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8621

Idk. It was called Carolina BBQ. I didn’t eat because I was sure it had sugar in it.

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8622

Just bought the liquid today. What’s the granular to liquid conversion? Like if you’re going to bake with it.

(TJ Borden) #8623

So complicated. I can’t thank @richard enough for sharing his bacon recipe. Several batches in, I got it down pretty good now. The only challenge is everyone that tries it wants me to make it for them too now.

(Candace) #8624

Right. We typically do use liquid, I carry packets from my husband. I try to avoid all sweeteners because most of them are too bitter for me. So I am looking at the two different powders I have:

Stevia in the Raw: Dextrose, not maltodextrin, but yeah - it still raises blood sugars (this was something someone left)
Now Better Stevia: Organic Inulin, Stevia Extract, and Silica - from what I’ve read that shouldn’t be a problem.

I do not know why manufactures cannot stay on top of the science.

I use tiny amounts of stevia in my daily cup of coffee; either 2 drops or a tiny amount of powdered. I don’t have the carb craving that I had w/ other artificial sweeteners like Sweet & Low, Equal, & Splenda.

Those look really good, and I’m not a bread person myself. Never have been. But we have been discussing looking up some recipes for bread to try. (Wife loves bread) I was going to look into a something like regular bread, but these little guys seem to catch my attention! :slight_smile: Almost like I was already thinking what I could stuff in them. :smile: Or maybe because they don’t look like generic breads.

Crab Stuffed Mushrooms

Now those look good too, and has two of my favorites foods. Mushrooms and crab! Will definitely have to try those one day! :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #8629

These are the Diet Doctor buns which I tweaked a little…

I bake mine in the convection oven for 65mins @350f and I leave them in there once the oven goes off for about an extra 30mins before I take them out. I also add 1.5-2 tbs of nutritional yeast for the taste and instead of doing the egg whites, I’ve been throwing in the whole eggs. It makes for a sticker dough but who really cares. It’s a great recipe as a starter base. Even my non-keto hubby loves them. I made this batch to hit up a few friends tomorrow. Oh, I ran the recipe through MFP and 6 buns have only 2g of net carbs. 6g carb/4g fiber.

Thank you ma’am! And yes, I have seen these before then. Something about those little buggers just clicked for some reason. - I have perused the recipe section on the Diet Doctor site and do recall seeing them. But I also like what you mention about adding the yeast and whole eggs. (I hate to waste yolks) but like someone else mentioned before, you can always save them for when you make eggs and just add those yolks in for more yolk.

Thanks again, will have to try some.

(Sophie) #8631

The extra yolks can also be used for mayo…just sayin. :smile: I’m just lazy that way!

(Jane) #8632

Shrimp Pad Thai using 2KD’s recipe for Chicken Pad Thai.

Delicious!!!

All these cool recipes, and I’m about to fast this week. :upside_down_face:

@JustPeachy - Yep, there is that. Didn’t think of that, thanks.

@Janie That does look good, and I’ve always been partial to Asian dishes. I even made my own version of Stir-Fry, where I created a gravy instead of the liquid, and the wife wouldn’t eat it the other way after trying it. Always wanting extra gravy. … I eat quite a bit of sea food; crabs, shrimp, scallops, fried oysters, etc.

Tonight, split a 2" thick London Broil Steak with my son. Of course, topped with creamy mushrooms and sauce. Actually, I think I made too much sauce this time.

(Gabriel G.) #8634

What recipe is that?

(TJ Borden) #8635

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8636

The stevia raw I read in the store said maltodexrin. The only thing I found that didn’t was the liquid.

(Jane) #8637

I’d like to try that next time I am home!

Can you stop after the 30 min in the smoker and refrigerate it? Then slice off what you need each meal and pan fry like you do store bacon?

It looks like the final product is fully cooked.

How do you do yours @Baytowvin? And how do you reheat when ready to eat it?

(Ernest) #8638

Balls everywhere…