What did you Keto today?

Chicken (breast :shushing_face:) and seafood medley with asparagus. Added butter to everything to up the fat. Think I might go have one of @Rgbigun chocolate peanut butter bars to finish off the night.

(Candace) #8600

Depends on the brand.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8601

Crust? We don’t need no stinkin’ crust. :grin: I exclusively use cast iron to cook with, so the edges get a golden brown while the middle stays nice and creamy.

(Cathy) #8602

You are right to question the powdered form of stevia. The maltodextrin is not good on a keto diet or if it is being consumed, it needs to be counted. Many of those products list very small amounts as a serving so it gets to say a lower level of carbs. Use the liquid form of a.s. and avoid the maltodextrin all together.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8603

@A_Tabitha_Ann_Swanks you could get Sweat Leaf powdered stevia. Pure stevia extract, no maltodextrin. Available in local grocery stores, or here’s a link to the product on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/SweetLeaf-Stevia-Powder-4-Ounce-Shaker/dp/B001E5E3LW

(Candy Lind) #8604

Sitting down for a quick keto meal after 3 crazy days from AZ to CO to NE to MO to IL & back to MO. Cheese & mushroom 3-egg omelette, 6 pieces of bacon, coffee with cream & cocoa. W00T!

(Lonnie Hedley) #8605

“Will there ever be Keto only restaurants someday?”

Why? Not everyone is Keto. Diners are the absolute best restaurants. They cater to everyone.

DISCLAIMER I’m assuming this pic was taken at a diner. @CandyLindTX

(Christine) #8606

Made an epic brunch/breakfast today:
NY strip in goose fat, leeks and mushrooms.
Fried eggs and pork rind waffle!

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8607

After church Ruby Tuesday brunch- appetizer pork skins, sauce on side

Sooo good!

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8608

Great value Stevia.

(Candy Lind) #8609

Love pork rinds, but what’s in that sauce?

(Candy Lind) #8610

Nice little place called the Hen House, on Hwy 111 just off I-270 by the Flying J in Pontoon Beach, IL. Any place can do a keto breakfast. :grin:

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8611

Ruby Tuesday’s Double decker asiago chicken with tomatos&bacon, steamed greens, steamed broccoli with parmesan cheese sauce.
Update. I for got my wallet at home!!! Luckily my father in law is bringing it to me. :sweat:

(Candy Lind) #8612

Welcome to the fold! :wink: And remember you can also make waffles, “English Muffins” etc. with them. Read the entire “pork rind pancake bible” for more ideas.

(Candy Lind) #8613

AARRGGHH!! I would miss a big sous vide sale.

(Candy Lind) #8614

The slower, the better, so sous vide, right? You could sear it in brown butter at the end, like a giant 2-1/2” steak 
 :heart_eyes:

(Candace) #8615

Ah, yeah that has it, the brand I use does not.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8616

On a bed of nutritional yeast and spices.

Keto at it’s finest
 Simple, but doesn’t get better. 
 Plus some crab meat my wife picked from last nights meal.

Stewed cabbage, courgette with cheddar, mushrooms, garlic and soft (bryndza) cheese and olive oil. Ruined it a bit with 4 squares of dark chocolate (was supposed to have none today). May have half an orange. So not that keto all over.