What did you Keto today?

That really sucks, doesn’t it?

(Ellie Baum) #8560

Keto does not mean complicated.

Fry up cabbage with spices in butter. ( I used tumeric, garam masala, onion powder, salt, pepper)

Fry up some eggs

Add butter. Add parsley just to make it fancy looking. Add more salt and pepper.

(Ellie Baum) #8561

First time making boiled eggs as anything other than hard boiled. Soup was an “all this stuff is leftover so I’m throwing it in a pot with some chicken stock” kind of soup

Yeah, I would have to say it’s probably the only real thing that sucks about living a Keto-Lifestyle. Once you get into it, you’re hardly ever hungry anymore! :smile:

Want to try so many cool recipes, and almost have to force yourself to eat at times! … But it’s better then the alternative. :grinning:

(Sophie) #8563

Amen, Sister! I wish I could convince my friends of this!!!

(Sophie) #8564

I know, but the non-believers are another story! I mention not wanting breakfast until “lunch time” and I’m treated like a leper! :roll_eyes:

(Lonnie Hedley) #8565

But it’s the most important meal I haven’t eaten in a year.

(Alec) #8566

Keto has got to be the simplest diet/WOE I’ve ever been on (apart from the usual seefood diet of course! :rofl:). The trick is to not get hung up about small amounts of hidden carbs (IMHO).

(E.O.) #8567

Just a “heads up” if anyone is interested. Know there are mouth-watering posts here of FABULOUS looking dishes made Sous Vide–well today’s amazon “deal of the day” includes several Sous Vide models for nearly 1/2 price for the next 6 hours or when ever they sell out. You know how that works…

(Karen) #8568

Cilantro sour cream dressing with olives on kale slaw, squashes with bacon, green onions, tarragon garlic butter,

Yep a bit rare next piece was med rare.

(Ernest) #8569

Trying to decide whether to smoke, sous vide or sous vide and smoke this toy…

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8570

Grilled chicken lettuce wrap. Pork chops, mashed califlower, steamed squash. 4 keto chocolate chip cookies

(TJ Borden) #8571

Hmmmm… I’m not seeing a picture…:wink:

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8572

Lol…
I ate it too fast

Dinner.

I like the pampelmousse (grapefruit) flavor best. :smiley:

(TJ Borden) #8575

Ah… the fasting dinner of champions

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8576

I’ll try to do better tomorrow. It’s going to be chicken Alfredo with zucchini noodles

(TJ Borden) #8577

That sounds delicious. And they say keto is too restrictive.

(A Tabitha Ann Swanks) #8578

Tomorrow (Saturday) will be day fourteen for me and I’m doing great. No one in my house does keto except me and that includes the two year old granddaughter that keeps offering me stuff. I’ve got creative with the cooking, and I read the labels and Google nutrition facts religiously and the forum is a lifesaver. I weighed this morning (Friday) and I’m down 11lb! While I ate my pork chops with mashed cauliflower and steamed squash for dinner my family had Little Caesars Pizza, Krispy Kreme birthday cake Donuts, and sherbet ice cream. All of them are drinking Cokes around me while I’m over here with my water with orange flavoring. But I can say that I haven’t had a problem with finding foods. Even when ordering out I can still stick to it with just a little tweaking.