What did you Keto today?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7557

If you are remotely concerned about soy, or processed foods, I cannot imagine why you would prefer Liquid Aminos over Tamari. If you are fine with LCHF processed foods, and don’t have a concern about soy, rock on with your liquid aminos. I wouldn’t, but I’m weaning on foods that I don’t understand how they are made or that I couldn’t make at home. I get how tamari and soy sauce are made. I’m not gonna make em at home, but theoretically, I could. My wife would probably divorce me, or make me throw it out, but I could. I don’t get how you isolate protein from soy and make it taste like a fermented product without any fermentation.

(karen) #7558

soy is a veggie, so iI’m guessing it’s intrinsic to the product, since there doesn’t seem to be anything else in there but salt.

(karen) #7559

Broke my fast today with … caul-sotto? satueed a portobella mushroom and some garlic in a lovely lake of Kerrygold, cream, coconut milk and some mushroom stock, then added a bit of chicken and a bag of riced cauliflower. Or maybe it’s more like stroganoff, since I had it with a big blob of sour cream on top. Oh, heavenly yummm!!!

(Steve) #7560

Rib steak topped with poached garlic & blue cheese. Steamed broccoli baked in some of the olive oil & butter from the poaching, along with some parmesan cheese. :slight_smile:

Looks DELICIOUS!

(TJ Borden) #7562

Skillet fried ribeye with bacon, eggs and polish sausage. I call this one; a carnivores wet dream.

(Marianne) #7563

I do that at work (I put my lunch on a salad plate so it looks huge) :wink:

(Marianne) #7564

I do love ribeye :wink:

(Marianne) #7565

That’s my type of breakfast!

(Marianne) #7566

Dinner tonight: British style Brat with tje smallest amount of amount of onion gravy (basically water and butter with the pan drippings from the brat, smidge of onion) over cauli rice and a few asparagus with mayo, DH gave me a few bites of his yellow squash. I only had a few carbs today so I’m good for tonight.

(Marianne) #7567

Funny, I used to eat raw tuna, salmon, shrimp, oysters, beef and eggs (tartare) --anything. As little as two years ago. But now I’m freaky about it. I won’t do it.

(Maha) #7568

I forgot to take any pictures, but this weekend I ground my own beef mixture of sirloin and chuck. From it I made hamburger patties, seasoned them with salt and pepper, plus one batch with Montreal steak seasoning and the other with butter chicken seasoning. My husband BBQ’d them and added slices of cheese. I didn’t have any until lunch today. I warmed the patty, cut them into pieces and dipped them in mayo and mustard. I ate each bite with a little tomato. It was quite yummy and I will make my own ground beef from here on out. Boring keto indeed!

(Gabriel G.) #7569

The basics: ribeye, shrooms, jalapeno, blue cheese.

(matt ) #7570

There are coconut aminos as well that have no soy.

(Sophie) #7571

Once I started grinding my own hamburger, I never looked back. I just wish I could safely find sausage casings here. One can dream!

(Cara) #7572

Enchiladas thanks to KetoFocus on Instagram

(Lonnie Hedley) #7573

I’m definitely striving for optimum since weight loss is no longer part of this equation. I may not buy liquid aminos after this bottle is used, but with the minimal amount I’m not concerned with using it as I’ve seen no negative affects related to its use.

Sounds like tamari is the way to go once I’ve used all this in a couple years.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #7574

I actually have a sensitivity to soy.
Tried coconut aminos, found them too sweet and I am back to GF soy sauce.
I used to cook Japanese/Chinese all the time. So I used to use it ever day.
Now that I only use it every other month or so I really don’t worry about using the real deal when I do.
“what you do everyday is more important than what you do sometimes”

(Maha) #7575

This week I’m grinding/making Italian sausage and breakfast sausage. I’m not going to put it into casings though, just freeze in 2 pound amounts.

When you make your ground beef, which meats do you use and what ratios of those meats?

(Sophie) #7576

That’s a great idea! And I always buy the fattiest chuck roasts (Sam’s Club - 2 per package) I can get my hands on. I also use the coarse grinder. Makes for a really nice burger!