What did you Keto today?

(TJ Borden) #7577

Do you use just the beef chuck or do you add anything else?

(Sophie) #7578

No, just beef chuck. Believe me, Iā€™ve tried to purchase extra fat and they look at me like Iā€™m a devil worshiper with horns in my head! Sometimes, I hate the South! :roll_eyes:

(TJ Borden) #7579

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Which seems funny because the perception of the south we have out west is people sitting on the front porch with a shotgun across their lap, drinking sweet tea and eating spoonfuls of lard.

And I certainly donā€™t mean any offense by thatā€¦ it sounds awesome to me.

(Maha) #7580

Thanks! I also bought the fattiest chuck I could at Costco. Just making sure Iā€™m on the right track.

(Sophie) #7581

None taken! Iā€™ve always felt that the south was about a decade behind the rest of the world. I do remember when the low fat crap began in the south too. We used bacon grease in Everything! All the veggies we cooked were savory, even ā€œsweetā€ corn and never any sugar. No sugar was in the cornbread either. When I went up to Chicago, I had a culture shockā€¦fresh chicken feet in the meat sectionā€¦frozen rabbits!..and most every veggie I seemed to try had sugar in it, not to mention sweet cornbread. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So I have a hard time understanding why itā€™s so difficult here sometimes. :roll_eyes:

(Doug) #7582

There is a lot of sweet tea in the south, thatā€™s for sure. And soda pop - ā€œWhat kind of Coke do you want?ā€ - covers a majority of carbonated drinks.

(Sophie) #7583

For real! :laughing: I have noticed that more folks are switching to Half 'n Half these days instead of straight up sweet tea though, so thatā€™s a plus, but we are slow to change around here.

(Doug) #7584

ā€œSweet Teaā€ (shudder). Sophie, I always cringe a little when I hear that. Iā€™ve loved tea, even with sugar, all my life but the cold stuff always seemed weak on the tea to me, and heavy on the sugar, so it ends up mostly like sugar water.

talking about grocery sections, love this right in the meat case at the store

(TJ Borden) #7586

Aweā€¦ look at the cute pig sleeping. He must have been tuckered out after eating all that meat next to him in the deliā€¦oooh

nice they put the parsley around him so he wakes up fresh

(Sophie) #7588

This is how I think of ā€œjuiceā€, just flavored sugar water! When we made tea, we used Luzianne Tea bags, brought the water to boil, removed from the heat, dropped 4 family size bags in and let it steep until cool. Then it was 1cup of sugar for 2qts. water. Yuck on the sugar, but it had some tea flavor to it! :laughing:

(Sophie) #7589

Wow! I have seen cows heads at the Mexican Grocery but never a wee piggy, much less whole! People here would probably freak out! :rofl::laughing::rofl:

we also can buy cows feet sliced 1" thick for a great collagen broth, also on the shelf.

(Sophie) #7591

Well, that piggie reminds me of pig pickinā€™s we have here where they BBQ a whole hog, but I donā€™t think they are running to the local grocer to purchase the swine. I always felt like it was more along the lines of knowing somebody, that knows somebody, that will sell ya oneā€¦kinda like moonshine. :laughing:

you see my post way above showing last friday dinner?

(Lonnie Hedley) #7593

All out of the single serve packs in the work fridge so I had to bring my own.

(Ashley) #7594

I can only imagine peopleā€™s faces at your work lol. I work alone so ppl donā€™t see what I eat, but Iā€™m sure it would make them think ā€œthatā€™s why your fatā€

(Mandy) #7595

Finely shredded some brussel sprouts, mixed with homemade mayo, salt and pepper. The perfect southern slaw and liver healthy!

(Ashley) #7596

I love your bowl! Adorable