What did you Keto today?

soy sauce per tablespoon looks to be in the area of 1 gram of carb, not sure the origin of the carb

(Central Florida Bob ) #7538

Nice approach, but it squeezed out more fillings at the end than my fatties do. Might be because they put 3/4 of a bottle of barbecue sauce in there and there just isn’t enough room in there to roll it up without leaving a quarter of it on the counter.

3/4 of a bottle! They’re making a bacon wrapped candy bar.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7539

I don’t remember mine losing anything when I rolled it up.

Also, it’s not baking, you don’t need to follow the recipe they provide exactly. This was only one of well over a dozen examples.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7540

Here is mine from March 16, 2015. About a year and a half before I started dropping carbs.
imageimage

If stuff comes out, I think you’re squeezing too hard.

(Central Florida Bob ) #7541

I notice that I left out the important part, saying thanks and that I’ll try this approach next time.

I think of a fatty as more of a template than a recipe, if you know what I mean. General guidelines that I follow. I don’t think I’ve ever made the same exact recipe twice. So no worries on thinking about following their recipe exactly. What I wanted to see was how they prepared the sheet of ground sausage, and they use the same basic approach I do.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7542

Start in the middle, work your way to the edges. :blush:

(Central Florida Bob ) #7543

Looks great.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7544

And this is a “bacon bomb” or “bacon explosion”. A “fatty” is something else entirely. :joy::joy::joy:

(Ernest) #7545

I like steak n eggs approach. I feel great!!!

(Ellen) #7546

“Spag bol” with streaky bacon & pork belly, sauce was so fatty & yummy, next time won’t bother with the fake spaghetti just add a bit more fat.

also @JustPeachy

I must say, the coconut aminos as a replacement was a little too sweet, and not salty enough, for my taste. Too bad about the carbs in soy sauce. :sleepy: And I’m totally with you on the wasabi, love the dual-purpose emoji! LOL

Reminded me of how my dad (who was raised on spicy south Indian food) said if his nose isn’t running and his eyes aren’t watering, he feels like he hasn’t eaten. :joy:

A whole lot of bone broth (chicken).

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7549

Soy sauce generally has wheat. Tamari does not. Eden Foods Organic Tamari Soy Sauce had soybeans, grain alcohol, and koji aspergillus oryzae.

The soybeans are likely the source of the 2g of carbs per Tablespoon. The koji is a rice fungus that might have some carbs as well.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7550

Yeah, I’ve been working my way around to viewing ragu bolognese and ragu napoletana as stews rather than sauces.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7551

Liquid aminos? I see it’s also made from soybeans, but 0 carbs. I used it a bunch for a while when I was making stir fried cauliflower rice before deleting vegetables.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7552

2 slices Applegate no sugar bacon. 112g 73/27 ground beef. 4 eggs. 3 tbls butter. 7g sambal oelek (not nearly enough). Ate 56 g of cream cheese while the bacon cooked.

(TJ Borden) #7553

:joy::joy::joy:

(Lonnie Hedley) #7554

Would have been 84g if I did 2tbls butter instead of 3. My dinner is the same thing most of the time. Only thing that changes is the cream cheese to butter ratio. Today it was 2:3 cream cheese to butter. I’m out of butter at work so I’ll be taking my own tomorrow so my dinner could be 3:2 cream cheese to butter. They say variety is the spice of life. I agree, gotta mix up those delicious (mostly animal) fats.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7555

Processed soy portion.

I wouldn’t touch BCAA with someone else’s reproductive glands. No mention of fermentation on that label.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7556

I don’t use my reproductive glands so I’m not so concerned about them.

Any reason to avoid BCAA’s especially in this minimal amount? I rarely use these, but I like it for a soy sauce replacement when I do. Recently I used some with some shirataki noodles and sesame noodles to make an Asian style noodle and it was excellent. I’ve ordered some miracle rice and was planning to do something similar.