What did you Keto today?

(MooBoom) #7517

Prawns were a big hit this morning! :joy_cat:

(Marianne) #7518

That looks good :wink:

(Marianne) #7519

I had the most amazing mushroom garlic (I added spinach) chicken today. With cauliflower rice. And my last avo choco pudding with whipped cream and coconut oil chocolate bark. And I wonder why Iā€™m 10 more lb than I thought. But Iā€™m not undereating :wink:

IMG_9255

IMG_9259

(MooBoom) #7520

Oh YUM!!!

(Marianne) #7521

I love that kitty pic!! I have three rescues, they are my children. But they beg for my keto food. :wink: (edited, my phone hates me)

(Marianne) #7522

It was this recipe but panfried thighs in 1 tbs butter and 1 tbs olive oil instead of (cooking oil), added a little bit of minced onion, subbed half n half for whipping cream, added two pieces of bacon and three handfuls of spinach. https://www.budgetbytes.com/creamy-garlic-mushroom-chicken/ served it with cauli rice for me and real mushroom rice for the DH.

Freaking amazing! Iā€™m even going to serve this to my sister in law and family.

(MooBoom) #7523

My future mother in law made me something similar last night, so delicious! Thanks heaps for the recipe xx

(Victoria Mc Coy) #7524

Sunday brunch. Eggs Benedict made with toasted Keto mug bread slices.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #7525

Yes maā€™amā€¦130deg for 90 minā€™s. I really like to go till 120 minā€™s but I was pressed for time.

Yes itā€™s the parasites I worry about too. I talked to the guy at the Whole Foods fish counter about it, and he said salmon is just dicier than tuna when it comes to being certain of its safety for raw consumption. Iā€™ll read that article, it looks funny. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll be quite that brave thoughā€¦ :smile:

Yes, the salmon is just thaw-and-slice, super convenient. This is the first time I mashed up the avocado, and it made the rolling part easier. I salted the mashed avocado well prior to rolling, which worked well for flavor because I didnā€™t use soy sauce this time. (Havenā€™t really figured out yet if I want to have soy sauce while ketoā€™ing, how do you feel about soy sauce?) Iā€™ve also added shredded cucumber before too. These rolls without cucumber didnā€™t soak up the sauce so well (used coconut aminos) as rice would, but with shredded cucumber it soaks up the sauce much better.

(Central Florida Bob ) #7527

Another fatty. Pork sausage, this time stuffed with cheddar and pickled jalapenos instead of our usual salami and provolone.

Fatty-0610

Fatties could be my wifeā€™s favorite thing from the smoker. Theyā€™re a bit tedious to prepare: you put the 1 pound roll of sausage in a 1 gallon baggie, roll it to a consistent thickness (or try), cut away the bag, flip it onto wax paper, add stuffings, roll it up, make the bacon lattice weave, and roll the sausage/stuffings roll into the bacon weave.

The smoking is pretty easy, though. Just put it in at 225/230 until you reach an IT of 165. Typically three hours. Unlike brisket or pulled pork, I sleep in as late as I want. :wink:

(karen) #7528

I ordinarily avoid soy products in any quantity, but I do use an organic tamari (which is soy based) occasionally. Itā€™s a compromise, I kinda canā€™t imagine sushi being awesome without it. (Or wasabi; I know Iā€™m officially in heaven when my eyes start watering.) :joy:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7529

You know that you can make the bacon weave first, spread the sausage out on the weave, the filling on the sausage, and then roll.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7530

Tamari is a fermented soy product. It is much less of a problem than soybean oil or soy beans in general.

(Central Florida Bob ) #7531

Never seen it done, so Iā€™d need to either see someoneā€™s pictures/video or experiment.

I find getting the sausage into a nice, even thickness over the entire square to be a rough spot in the process. Itā€™s like rolling out the dough for fathead pizza: never exactly the right thickness everywhere, and Iā€™m always patching a little from the thick parts to the thin ones. Without doing one, that sounds harder with it all on the bacon weave.

(Lonnie Hedley) #7532

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7533

This guy explains it. But itā€™s the same concept as a swiss roll or even sushi. Makes sense to lay down the outer layer, then build layers on top, and roll. Neater roll, easier to spread the filling.

Itā€™s how Iā€™d build it.

(Sophie) #7534

Try coconut aminos. I was surprised that the taste is very much like soy. :wink:

(Lonnie Hedley) #7535

Iā€™ve only made it once, but sweet sassy molassey after seeing it I want to make it again.

had a cauliflower (potato salad) it was very good, would not know was not potato