What did you Keto today?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6856

Last one is a fry technique… I think the fry size is important for the tenderness, as is the heat of the oil… 400* is pretty freaking hot.

I don’t mess with deep frying much, smell, mess… but I suppose I’d do that…

The one before the last… Jicama taco shell… I don’t have a deli slicer, but I do have a benriner mandolin, which is good for shaving things thin.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6857

Sigh… double fry is how Belgians have made frites since potatoes came to Europe from the New World… Guy Fieri did not invent the technique. Donkey Sauce!

(TJ Borden) #6858

You’re WRONG, the Belgians learned the method from Guy. It was on an earlier series. Pubs, shantys, and shacks. He didn’t have the car yet (obviously), but he had a tricked out mule drawn cart.

(Jody) #6859

I am glad you caught the sous / SPUD fail … but auto-CARROT still got one over on you. :rofl:

I am also seeing a pattern where your auto-correct seems to have a [not so] hidden vegetarian agenda!

(matt ) #6860

We bought it all separately. Shrimp, lobster, muscles and calamari. They didn’t have an clams.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6861

DUDE…now I gotta go fill up my coffee cup…:rofl::rofl:

(Doug) #6862

:smile:

(And any mention of the Belgians brings to mind those all-conquering ales and beers for me. If I have given up past indulgences, then this is a tough one.)

Broke a fast yesterday with a couple of these - a co-worker wrapped young onions from his garden with cream cheese and pepperoni. A novel idea to me and destructively good.

(mags) #6863

I’m sorry if this has come up before but for me this is an exciting discovery. Today I was hoping to OMAD but somehow today I was starving. I happened upon an open bag of pecans and grabbed a handful and immediately felt guilty… mustn’t snack!! So then I spotted a pan that I’d fried a home made cheesy burger in butter yesterday. Chucked nuts in pan with a couple of rashers of bacon and an egg and it was heaven :grinning:. Sorry no pics… to be honest it just looked like a greasy mess but I’m full as a tick.

(Diane) #6864

Trader Joe’s has a seafood mix. Haven’t used it myself but Kristie Sullivan (YouTube’s “Cooking Keto with Kristie” and [more recently] dietdoctor.com) has used it before. She loves it! Don’t know if you have TJ’s where you live.

(Candy Lind) #6865

I said that on purpose. :smiling_imp:

(Candy Lind) #6866

I do, & thanks! Been wanting to go get pork belly, but for just one item … now I have TWO! :heart_eyes:

(Candy Lind) #6867

Eggs scrambled with olives, bacon, creamed spinach is watery (didn’t drain it - DOH! :persevere: ) but it tastes yummy.

(Steve) #6868

OMG…Leffe Blonde was my favourite!!! It’s completely different actually in Belgium though…much more effervescent, like a champagne! :slight_smile: And highly addictive. Almost seems like the alcohol percentage is higher there too. I had two of their biggest goblets of it and was getting a pretty good glow on. :smiley:
sniff

(Cathy) #6869

This was my lunch today.

Homemade l/c ‘pita’ bread and homemade tzatziki. Hit the spot!

(Doug) #6870

OneBeer

(Rebecca ) #6871

Gordon’s egg method is AHmaaaazzzzing!

(Ashley) #6872

Where did you get the Alfredo? Or is it homemade?

(Eric) #6873

Homeade

(Ellen) #6874

Steak topped with garlic boursin (a little over cooked for me but that just means will have to try again) idea shamelessly stolen from @Shortstuff

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #6875

Soooo pretty! Love the composition. :heart_eyes: