What did you Keto today?

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #6836

They were from Costco. It didn’t say caps, but I wouldn’t doubt it. It was strips held together with string, which I thought “meh” when I looked at the section, until I spotted that pack.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #6837

These were marked down; I agree too pricey for regular rotation.

(Eric) #6838

Shimp and salmon smothered in an garlic herb Alfredo with a side of baked veg

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6839

Cross cut beef short ribs, marinated in lemon juice (label accident, was supposed to be lime), garlic, chili, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger… left in Marinade for two days (accident… rain), cooked fast and hot on the grill.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6840

I’m just gonna apologize up front!

Started off by roasting some jalapeños!

Not gonna lie…they were amazing!

(back and doublin' down) #6841

Shitaki soup made with sautéed shitake mushrooms, scallion, celery & garlic , then added to a cup of bone broth and a hint of sesame oil (5g net carbs)

(Ernest) #6842

You pay for their carving service. Cheaper to do it yourself.

(Ellen) #6843

You lie Sir! They look positively awful :wink::rofl:

(Candy Lind) #6844

Did you do the usual sous vide & sear?

(OMG what a FAIL - auto-carrot wanted to change the “sous” in sous vide to “SPUD!” I need a keto auto-correct! :rofl: )

(Bacon for the Win) #6845

I confess to having just done this for the first time ever. We did a small chuck roast for 48 hours. No pictures because that baby is all GONE! We usually have something like that (from the crockpot) last a lot longer.

(Candy Lind) #6846

WOW. That looks awesome. Do you get a seafood mix somewhere, or find everything separately? I would only be buying for myself because hubby doesn’t do seafood except for “meaty” fillets like cod/salmon.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6847

Yes ma’am…Sous Vide 145deg for 24 hours then sear in cast iron w/butter.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6848

post workout eggs :egg: and sausage!

(Candy Lind) #6849

Why failed? It looked good!

I’ll be watching to see how you like the daikon. I’ve been thinking about trying them cuz I like roasted red radishes so much.

You may want to with jicama - or precook (boil or m’wave); I understand they are quite difficult to get tender (ie., many tries at frying are still crisp in Center when outside is done).

(Candy Lind) #6850

We really need an LOL response on this forum, don’t we??

(Steve) #6851

Yeah, actually the turnip fries were par-boiled, then frozen, then double-fried (using the Guy Fieri technique) :slight_smile:
Turnip fries are definitely a winner for an alternative (and not that far off of Jicama in terms of carb count). They tasted like fries made with russet potatoes. The only indication is there’s a bit of a radish like aftertaste, but it doesn’t last long. :slight_smile:
I actually had some leftover daikon in the fridge that I tried to shoestring, put them in the oven to dry out a little and they completely boiled away to nothing!! :frowning: The little wisps that were left were still soggy.

…pretty sure that daikon is like celery - like 98% water (hence the low carb count).
I’ll still give the daikon’s a try, but going to par-boil to tenderize a bit, then I’ll have to leave them in the fridge for awhile to dry out. Then I’ll try subjecting them to the fryer and see what happens. :slight_smile:

Edit: Oh…and the failed bagels? Yeah, they really didn’t rise like they should have…when I looked at my baking powder, I discovered that it expired back in 2009…whoops! :smiley: Can you tell I didn’t bake much before keto?? :smiley:

(Doug) #6852

Righteous, Rusty. So that’s your “stack”… :wink:

(Candy Lind) #6853

Try cutting it thicker than you did the turnips, but use the same technique; radishes shrink to about 1/2 volume when roasted, so I expect the same from daikon.

(Candy Lind) #6854

OK, I gotta try this. Gotta go google Fieri double-fry now …

(Candy Lind) #6855

Probably a good thing! :joy: You can just add a touch of vinegar with that old baking powder to get a rise, if you don’t want to toss it.