What did you Keto today?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6254

Sous Vide chuck Steak, Brussels sprouts and my usual. Sofa King good.

Fried Artichoke Hearts!!! New favorite!

(Ernest) #6256

No need for description…

(Rob) #6257

That looks a little like a rotated map of the western Mediterranean - cheese is Spain/portugal, Southern France is the bacon/belly and Italy is (appropriately) made of olives. You’ve even got Sicily right. Very cartographic!!

Or is it just me? :thinking:

NOTE: slightly loopy after cycling 10 miles after a 3 day (and counting) Zornfast :flushed:

(Rob) #6258

Why do I still check this out during a Zornfast!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

I can resist @rustyk61’s steaks (just) but dammit if your Gourmet Magazine standard photos of some keto kryptonite isn’t just a stab in the (empty) guts (self inflicted). :weary::flushed::exploding_head:

Well played Mr E, well played!

(Ernest) #6259

Ooops!! Hahaha,

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #6260

Deep fried mozzarella coated in pork rind crumbs

(Rob) #6261

Oooh. I really miss these. Is it just rind crumbs or mixed with something else?

(Ashley) #6262

I’m also interested in these! I miss cheese sticks so much!

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #6263

They tasted like the old carbage ones… I dusted the mozz with coconut flour and whey protein (I was comparing the 2), dipped this in beaten eggs, and then coated in finely ground pork rinds.
I feel the secrets are 1) the dusting seems to help the egg cling, there was little difference between the coconut flour and whey protein 2) the rinds need to be ground finely but only to the point of fluffy, if you go to far the crumbs will start to get moist and clump too much… enjoy!

(Ashley) #6264

Yumm thank you!!

(Ashley) #6265

One more quick question, what do you deep fry them in? And what type of fat do you use for it? I have a deep fryer but since keto have barely touched it

(Danielle) #6266

(Ellen) #6267

Cheeseburger, any suggestions for what to do with the half I didn’t eat are welcome.

(Mike W.) #6268

If Keto were a food…

(Candy Lind) #6269

You did the liver and kidneys sous vide, right? How’d you finish, just butter or bacon nectar in a pan? I have chicken hearts, turkey gizzards, and lamb hearts I need to cook up this week.

(Candy Lind) #6270

Sofa King … Sofa King … it took me a minute! :blush: :rofl: :blush: :grin:

(Candy Lind) #6271

I have decided I can’t go out of town any more. The heck with making a living. I miss too many posts in this thread! :exploding_head: It took me 4 days to get caught up.

(Ernest) #6272

Leaf lard, hot pan, sear.
For gizzards, hearts and kidney I dunk them in HOT refined coconut oil for like a minute.
Quick deep frying is my favorite finishing for sous vide.

(Danielle) #6273

Meal prepping. These are going into the oven! Stuffed pepper recipe from dietdocotor.com!