What did you Keto today?

(Howard ) #6132

[quote=“BadAppleKeto, post:6132, topic:3210, full:true”]

[/quote]

My apologies. I didn’t press the right button

(Rob) #6133

Well, now we believe you… very nice! :grin:

(Ernest) #6134

Such a weird plate, but soooooooo damn good.
Sous vide beef kidneys
Salmon
Peanut butter spinach

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6135

I gotta try that PB spinach sometime. It looks awesome!

(Seth Overdeer) #6136

Rotisserie chicken and a beef chuck roast.

(Rob) #6137

New meal - half pound of chicken livers cooked in garlic, on a bed of cabbage and onions with a few olives. Not bad at all, the large livers were perfect, the smaller ones were a little overdone, but overall successful. I have another portion of each for tomorrow. :yum:

(Victoria Mc Coy) #6138

Is it just me, or does cooking keto feel like a holiday after fasting? :grinning:

(brian) #6139

Had a double burger with a baby iceberg lettuce bun at The District in Providence, RI yesterday. Gave away the truffle fries too:)

`

(Rob) #6140

So true! I have never cooked so much in my life. To be honest, I have never really cooked in my life so it definitely is a massive awakening. I don’t feel burdened by it, rather enthused and eager. In fact, it makes fasting hard since I really want to cook that next meal.

I don’t ever want to go back to the darkness of ordering delivery food.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #6141

Sometimes I choose the breading. 3 small fried oysters on a bed of spinach with bacon crumbles and blue cheese dressing. Added a squeeze of fresh lemon and lots of pepper.

Thoughts on occasional breading in restaurants?

(TJ Borden) #6142

Keto isn’t a diet, it’s a way of life. That means you still have to live. KCCO

Whoops, I’ve been on Chive this evening… KCKO

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #6143

[quote=“KetoAlex, post:6131, topic:3210”]
Keto Sushi
[/quote]Yum! What’s your “rice” inside the nori?

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #6144

Pretty much my philosophy!

(Rob) #6145

First off, lovely meal!! Fried oysters… nom nom nom :yum:

In keto, there’s breading and then there’s the (must shout ‘one of us’ first) “porking” - crushed pork rinds magic, though there is also similar nut flour breading that works well.

As for restaurants where it is rarely if ever keto friendly per se, it can be less disastrous than you’d think. As an example a KFC ‘original recipe’ chicken breast is only 7g net carbs apparently for the coating (though twice the calories of the grilled since it holds a lot of fat).
However the crispy tenders (you might have 3-5 in a meal) are 8g net carbs each. That adds up. With those 2 benchmarks, you kind of get a feel for what a thick ‘breading’ vs. a flour (+ 11 herbs and spices :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) coating might cost you. Another reference is that a Carls Junior (or BK, or Jack in a Box) onion rings is 61g of carbs - since most the weight is breading (and the onions are not so innocent either).

TL:DR - breading is very variable and can range from pretty stress free to OMFG!! Common sense and a few benchmarks really help make good decisions.

(Joe Schuyler) #6146

That’s a hell of a smoke ring. Kudos!

(Garry (Canada)) #6147

Keto cupcakes for the ladies here…Come and get’m!!!

Silicone liners

(Lauren) #6148

The start of something delicious.

Zucchini lasagna topped with whipped cream cheese, a side of bacon, macadamia nuts and green tea.

(Ellen) #6150

Buttered steak (half of one) with some salad, not sure it’ll all get eaten but we’ll see.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6151

Shrimp, like above, only in a version of Bobby Flay’s Powder Keg I threw together (it didn’t work as well as the marinade… Raichlen > Flay!) with green beans. That was lunch. Had half a pat of kerrygold between the two dishes, plus the half pat the shrimp were cooked in.