What did you Keto today?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6092

That’s a big damn pickle!

I can’t decide if that’s freakin’ weird or incredibly inventive.
Either way, I could see myself trying that. :laughing:

(Sophie) #6094

I guess we’re freaky in the same way 'cos I was thinkin the same thing! Maybe it’s Southern? :rofl:

Yeah, I’ve already considered a run back to the grocery store to give this a shot.

Maybe, I’ll wait and try it in front of the kids just to mess with them.

No, my friend, we’re just oddballs. :laughing:

(Steve) #6096

Hey Rusty - not trying to scare you, but where are you getting your ground beef from?

Me, I wouldn’t be eating mass produced ground beef with any colour in it - too many packages have e-coli contamination. You really only want to be buying ground that you want to eat rarer at small butchers that you know are producing it in house.

(Sophie) #6097

And you know what? After all these years, I’m perfectly fine with that. Rock On, or Bluegrass On, as the case may be! :smile: :+1:

(Rob) #6098

A 1lb burger… it’s like we are all on the fast train to Crazy Town!! :crazy_face:

I love it!!

PS If I ate all that, I’d put a picture of myself up on the kitchen Wall of Fame!

(Rob) #6099

Usual brunch with extra olives today (hiding behind the bacon)… made everything less crispy (in case of AGEs :scream:) Still love it after all these weeks…

(Steve) #6100

Finally tried the cheese shell tacos tonight!! WOW!!! Absolutely fabulous!!! (first time I’ve had Mexican since starting this). Really love the seasoning from lowcarbmaven.com as well!! Luckily found a local Latin American Grocery here in Kitchener that had some nice Guajillo and Chipotle ground chili powders.
Also snagged an awesome green habanero sauce.
Heh…I’ll post a pic of that. I don’t think anyone will post a taco pic again after @KetoAlex 's pic! :slight_smile:

(TJ Borden) #6101

Have you ever shared your ghost pepper sauce recipe?

Me, too.
I play old-time style clawhammer (frailing) banjo and am learning fiddle (fiddle is a beast). So I guess I’ll frail on.

(TJ Borden) #6103

For me, I figure I’ve already beat T2D and heart disease. I’ll take my chances with e-coli to enjoy beef the way god intended. :yum:

Plus, @rustyk61’s beef was barely pink. I often still have red in mine.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6104

Tablespoon of mustard (your brand of choice)
Tablespoon of low cal, low carb ketchup
4-5 drops of ghost pepper extract.

You can add a few teaspoons of low cal bbq sauce for a change if needed.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6105

I get my beef from gods country…OKLAHOMA. Not Canada!

(Steve) #6106

Heh…the e-coli problem’s worse in the US for ground beef. :slight_smile:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6107

Then it’s a good thing that ground beef was cooked at 130deg for 2 hours!

(Steve) #6108

Confirmed - you need to cook to 160F to kill e-coli bacteria.

…and some strains may even survive that:

(TJ Borden) #6109

That’s right, I forgot you sous vide it. I need to try that with ground beef. I’ve done dozens of steaks and other stuff but I never thought to try ground beef

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6110

You do you buddy, and I’ll do me. We can call it good. I’m not going to get into a pissing match with…you!

(CJ Young) #6111

This is genius. Did you come up with this? Truly a superior hotdog situation.