What did you Keto today?

(Steve ricci ) #6072

Loving my Keto way of life.

(Rob) #6073

But Rusty… what is it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Rob) #6074

Weirdly, Kerrygold product is considered fairly cheap basic dairy in Europe. The butter is cheaper and considered inferior to the less yellow, less salty Danish and French products. The cheese is run of the mill mass produced stuff. I haven’t had the cheese but I secretly prefer the butter to the more expensive ones. Do you rate the cheese above artisan versions?

There’s this stuff called Black Bomber cheddar in the UK. I think it’s cave aged in Wales and comes in a black wax skin. It is amazingly sharp, deep and rich but also incredibly smooth and almost creamy without the crystallization that a long-aged hard cheese typically has. Amazeballs!

But what do Europeans know… they think Budweiser is an exotic premium beer :crazy_face:

(Rob) #6075

Half a monster ribeye, fried sprouts, cabbage and hot sauce… how can we get bored of this stuff?

(Patrick) #6076

Jerk pork with scotch bonnet pepper sauce.
Spicy and delicious.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6077

In Prague, it’s viewed as a cheap knockoff of the real Pilsner, Budvar. After Paulaner in Munich, I did not think much of the Czech beers, but I’m not fond of hoppy beer and pilsners aren’t my thing, really.

(Rob) #6078

Indeed but it never ceases to amaze me when hip millennials raging in London or Paris are buying Buds as cool foreign beer!

I remember running around Prague in 1990 just after the wall came down and buying Budvars for literal pennies and seeing the Rolling Stones (Steel Wheels Tour) for $12.
Of course, the Budvar guys discovered capitalism quickly and they sued Budweiser over the brand and I think they won though not in a market changing way. What’s weirder is that Bud is owned by the Belgians now :crazy_face:
I find that most things are better when you consume them locally to the manufacture… the Heineken and Grolsch in Amsterdam, the Guinness in Dublin, etc. I’m not sure that applies to Budweiser in St Louis :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Ernest) #6079

Here’s the problem.

1. I don’t love cheese, I like it. So I haven’t really ventured into artisan cheeses,
  2. Kerrygold cheese is a far better quality than what’s locally produced here, including butter. So I see no reason to venture into artisan cheeses.
    I should have said “the best non artisan cheese” LOL.

(Ernest) #6080

Budweiser is nasty.

(Rob) #6081

I too am not a fan of Bud. This reminded me of the old joke, “How is Budweiser like sex in a boat? Answer: They’re both fucking close to water” :rofl:

However, weird as it is to others though, we like what we like. And better is always preferable to good or mediocre.

There’s some right old crap that I grew up with that I will love to my dying breath (though many are off limits carbage now). Objectively I know they aren’t good, but damn if my brain plays tricks on my taste buds! :crazy_face:

(Ernest) #6082

season with salt a night before.
Season with fresh black pepper before smoking.
Smoker running at 225-250 and just let the ribs hang in the smoke chamber until probe tender.
Never BBQ by time.

That’s it.

(Ernest) #6083

One of those things for me is the neon cheese. The American cheese. HAHAHAHAHA.
I know it’s not real cheese but MAN certain things just tastes better with neon cheese.

That shrimp looks tasty. Do you happen to have a recipe?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6085

Reminds me of the PBR revival among hipsters of a few years ago.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6086

(Eric) #6087

First time I’ve had breakfast in a long time. Well at least in the am. Screabled eggs bacon and ribeye steak covered in butter with jalapenos.

(matt ) #6088

Stella is a high end beer in the US. Why? Good advertising I guess.

Roast chicken, asparagus, brocolli and baby corn with cheese and bacon sauce (cheese sauce made with cheddar, butter and double cream)

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6090

1lb Sous Vide burger with BACON

(Mike W.) #6091

Yup. That’s an all beef hotdog butterflied, stuffed with cheese and stuffed inside a pickle and topped with chili, onion and mustard.