What did you Keto today?

(Sophie) #6012

Made my mouth water!!! :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

(Pete A) #6013

I love love love lamb :yum:

(Ellie Baum) #6014

I’m an Orthodox Christian and we celebrate Easter after the rest of the world. Ours was this Sunday. There is a special Easter treat that is at a lot of churches on Easter Sunday. It’s called Pascha Cheese. Last year I just decided to eat some…and other random treats…it was a bad idea as I got a headache and in general did not feel good the next day. This year I was looking at the recipe and realized it’s basically Keto as long as I sub a low carb sweetener. It came out really good! Tasted like Pascha cheese and didn’t make me feel deprived.

I used Sukrin products for the sweetener. I really recommend that if sweeteners are in your eating plan.

Here is the Pascha cheese recipe that is not keto-fied. It’s an interesting texture and good flavors. I bet you could get creative with how you use it. Like fillings on keto cookies etc http://www.geniuskitchen.com/amp/recipe/russian-easter-cheese-paska-219557

Bread is a keto donut recipe.

!

(Eric) #6015

Breakfast sausage country ham cabbage onion broccoli and jalapenos stir fried with a side of 3 fried eggs

(Eric) #6016

All those smoked meats are going to make me break out the smoker this weekend lol

(Sophie) #6017

I second the Sukrin products! I love the Sukrin Gold and use it for lots of things. The chocolate bars aren’t half bad either. My only problem is that I have to order them from Netrition since I can’t find it locally. :disappointed:

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #6018

Keto Taco Tax Snack-- when you’re an Accountant in the long days of tax season, it’s great I have spam and parmesan in the work fridge!

(Lauren) #6019

Stuffed pepper soup. Occasionally I miss the rice, but not today! Perfect for the chilly, rainy evening.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6020

HOLY FUCK!!!

My first sous vide. A chuck steak. It was absolutely perfect. 129deg f for 1 hour.

(TJ Borden) #6021

Another sous vide cult convert… excellent. :smiling_imp:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6022

I’ve been missing out this whole time. It’s the only way to cook meat. My life has changed forever!

(Sophie) #6023

Preach It Brother!!! :joy::smile::joy:

How did you do that? Just wrap bacon and cauli in foil and let it cook in the bacon fat? Looks wonderful.

(Ellie Baum) #6025

Yeah, I order Sukrin products right from the Sukrin website

(Ernest) #6026

It’s the best!!
Try a whole pork shoulder then cut into steaks after cooking.

(Ernest) #6027

Sea steak and greens. With lemon butter sauce.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6028

That sounds amazing!

(Seth Overdeer) #6029

No, but thanks for the idea, I’m totally doing that next time. That’s absolutely happening.

When i grill cauliflower, i cut a head into quarters, brush each quarter with olive oil (sometimes melted butter), season it with garlic salt and pepper (or any seasoning you like), grill it directly over high heat to brown it all around, tightly wrap it in foil and set it on the warming rack of my grill to let it finish cooking indirectly while the rest of my food grills. Gotta try to keep the lid down to let it bake and around 400F.

In that dish, I added bacon bits, colby jack cheese, and ranch to the cauliflower which sat on the grilled chicken thighs.

(Pete A) #6030

Happening today:

(Ellen) #6031

Bacon wrapped chicken kiev, as usual only managed half, but the rest will be fried up for dinner tomorrow (bloody keto saving me money!).