What did you Keto today?

(Sophie) #4900

I’ve never made Cabbage Rolls before but have always loved them and wanted some, soooooo, I bashed a recipe to make it Ketofied. MFP says it’s 11g carbs for 2 rolls, and that’s doable since I IF/TMAD and my first meal is usually about 2 carbs on average. BTW, It’s still in the oven. Posting now because I was just excited…I think it’s gonna be awesomeness! :blush:

(Garry (Canada)) #4901

Beautiful job Sophie!

PS… don’t forget the sour cream! :wink:

(Trish) #4902

I had cheesecake for breakfast this morning. LOL.

Also, I bought a 5 kg box of lumberjack bacon today for 30 bucks. That’s a good deal.

(Sophie) #4903

Dang It!!! Too late, but there is always leftovers tomorrow! :smile:

(Sophie) #4904

It did turn out pretty awesome…checked all the boxes for sure. Will definitely put this one on the rotation (plus sour cream on top! :wink:).

(Ernest) #4905

Uber to a grocery store. Most of the times I have a rental if I fly.

(Rebecca) #4906

That looks amazing!! Did I miss what saucevyou used? Did you make your own?

(Ellie Baum) #4907

Sushi. Who even needs rice??

Cream cheese wrapped with smoked salmon. I didn’t have wasabi so I used some spicy brown mustard and topped it with sesame seeds. Dunk into some soy. Yummy.

!

From Costco:

!

!

(The packet of honey mustard went in the trash)

(Rebecca) #4908

YUM!!! Looks tasty!!

(mary6aros) #4909

Yes ma’am! So good looking! I’ll have to work some out for my family!

(mary6aros) #4910

Thanks for the idea!! A fried egg on top made this soo perfect!

(Ellie Baum) #4911

Wow! I feel so honored. That looks great! I love it with a fried egg!! (Or several)

My first ever poached eggs!

(mary6aros) #4913

They are beauteous! I haven’t the guts to try yet!

So I cheated, kinda. I got these cups off amazon. They made it super easy.

Went to the grocery today and found some nice pork to grind. Having had difficulty in the past with my grinder, I cut the meat into small cubes, and got it very cold in the freezer. I also chopped some pork fat I had, and added it to the cubed pork - about 20% by eye. Also added some sage and hot pepper powder.

I ran it through my kitchenaid grinder, course grind, twice, and it worked quite well. The whole process took too much time, then there is the clean-up. But next time it should go faster and easier. I also need to put the machine on a less high surface.

I flattened a 4 oz patty and fried it up with some salt. No other adornments. Dang it was good. It tasted like, well, real pork. And it had almost enough fat, though next time I might add a higher percent. Much better than commercial pork sausage. Fresher tasting. I got almost 3.5 pounds.

(Olivia) #4916

We get them in <1, 20, 40 and 50% fat (in dry mass). <1% and 20% fat is made from 1.5% and 3.5% milk, respectively. For 40 and 50 % they add heavy cream to the milk. I often eat the 50% pure on its own and use 40% in dips. For the wrap and for baking in general, I use the low fat version because the recipes call for skinny-quark (Magerquark) and in the case of the wrap, I already had enough other fat in the filling.
Other traditional recipes, which date long before the low-fat trends also use low fat quark e.g. cheese cake. So it might indeed have other baking properties.
In any case, If you can’t find the different fat percentages you can always add cream cheese to up the fat. I wouldn’t go crazy as it might change the consistency of the bake if there is not enough quark.

(Meghan O'leary) #4917

I made some amazing keto fried okra and a fried chicken thigh. They were battered in egg and almond flour and some seasonings. It was so good I forgot to take a picture to prove it but trust me it was glorious.

(Rob) #4918

Thanks Olivia :slight_smile:

(Sophie) #4919

Thanks! It turned out really nice. And I bashed a recipe by Chef John at FoodWishes. I seriously love that man.
Because I ketofied his recipe, I subbed cauli-rice instead of the real deal so I didn’t need as much liquid. I did use a can of crushed tomatoes (28oz) but only one cup of beef stock and I rolled those babies tight because expansion is not a problem.