What did you Keto today?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4880

Upgraded Sous Vide egg bite, that I’m calling a Sous Vide Egg Bomb.
50% egg, 25% HWC, 25% goat cheese, dash of omnivore salt, blend, pour, Sous Vide 185/25m, chill (don’t shock), top to your fancy (1/4 Aidell Andouille sausage), nuke and devour.

(Amber) #4881

OMG that looks so good!!!

(mary6aros) #4882

I know what I want for my birthday,:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::yum::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

(mary6aros) #4883

This is what I broke my Zornfast with. It was per-fect!
1/2 cup was the intended amount… But I over did it a half hour later with another bowl… :flushed: Haven’t been back to normal since, lol

(Candy Lind) #4884

I know about small sous vides- what I was wondering about was how the actual food got there. So many times you’re trapped with no shopping available. I know many who struggle with travel eating.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4885

If I were doing this, I would have pre-cooked the protein to a Baldwin time/temp for pasteurization, then if I flew, I’d pack it in my packed luggage. I’m not trying to explain sous vide and purge to the TSA. If I drove, in a bag in the trunk.

Fish, shrimp and chicken, in sauce, would be my jam here, as I’ve done pre-seared steaks and chops at work and did not care for the end result. If you’re fully Food as Fuel, by all means, presear and go with the Flying Konjac Noodle Monster. If you still enjoy eating, shrimp in sauce or chicken thigh/breast in cream sauce… yeah baby. Live right.

(Candy Lind) #4886

That gives me a better understanding. Thanks.

(Ernest) #4887

When I fly, I go with just the Anova stick. Then buy a cheap cooler/container at my destination.
When I drive, I take my whole SV set up.

(Ellen) #4888

Bacon & brie frittata type thing (with garlic, chilli & tumeric).

OMG, I want to try making egg rolls like this! :stuck_out_tongue:

Finally tried these. Amazon has them now. Tasty. CaptureCapture2

(Stephanie Sablich) #4891

Wait wait wait… how do you make that work without a pan?

I pre-bake the crust on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Once it’s mostly done I pull it out, add toppings, and finish directly on the rack. The crust is pretty firm once baked.

(Stephanie Sablich) #4893

Thanks :slight_smile: I’ve been missing that extra-crispy crust.

Yeah, fat head pizza rocks. My 9 year specifically asks me to make it some times.

Quark…new word for the day :slight_smile: Love it

Ha! Glad I followed back to see what you were replying to. I thought we were getting way too scientific there for a minute. :smile:

(Olivia) #4897

What’s your favourite flavour? Some can be really charming :rofl:

(Olivia) #4898

I made another quark wrap for dinner. This one is filled with smoked salmon and horseradish cream.

(Rob) #4899

I’d never heard of Quark until today, then I got all excited in the supermarket when I saw they had 3 different kinds!.. my excitement ended when I saw that each one was low fat. I will keep looking now that I know where to find it (next to the cottage cheese) because your wraps look sooo delish!