What did you Keto today?

My grinder, if I am recalling, is OK. I’d love one stronger, but I have what I have. I do recall the coarse grind was great for beef. It made a most lovely chilie grind.

After people here said to just ask the grocery store butcher for pork fat, I actually found some on the meat shelf. 99cents/pound. Then the following week, there was none out, so I asked, and he said ‘check back later’. A couple days later they had put out 4 packages of pork fat, obviously cut off their meat as waste for regular sale. 99 cents/lb. I bought all 4 of them. The next time I went into the store, they had a package or two, same stuff, marked at $2/pound. I hope it doesn’t stay that high. But I’d pay it if necessary. Or try another market.

Sorry you don’t have a market where you can ask for things. I agree that finding clean intestines would be a challenge without a butcher shop. There is probably an on-line source. but if I recall, the minimum purchase contains a lot of it. Do you have any sort of ethnic market in your area that sells meat? That might be a better bet. I think I’d have trouble finding chicken feet or skin too. But you never know.

LOL, poor thing. When i’m on the verge of hunger but don’t want to eat yet, the photos in these food threads can push me over the edge, so there are times I choose to not look at them at all.

(TJ Borden) #4782

I just can’t resist the purple highlighted circle showing there’s something new to see. I’m not sure that this forum is any less addictive than Facebook, at least not for me. :smile:

(Rob) #4783

Goddamn it… I am on my first Zornfast and all I want to do is go to Target to get a Sous Vide and Whole Foods for a ribeye? :weary:

Spectacular MR/Rare done-ness. What would you call that?

(Rob) #4784

These look awesome for snacks/meals.

Scrambled eggs, (cooked or raw?) ground meat, cook (for how long?), in the oven?

Gonna try this.

(Candy Lind) #4785

:rofl:

(Candy Lind) #4786

DITTO!! And … we need a DROOL emo! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

ok folks now that lent is upon us I need to start seeing some high fat non meat options posted here. Usually I would just bake a nice haddock filet tonight and load it up with butter and lemon then bake in oven. Also have ground up some pork rinds for the coating. Doesnt seem like enough fat though.
Ideas ???

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4788

I was a bit short of my protein target after dinner today, so I had an ounce chunk of red cow parmesan cheese I got at Eataly. So good.

(Sophie) #4789

:drooling_face:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4790

It’s just a plain ole ribeye cooked in bacon juice with two of my favorite sides! :nerd_face:

(Rebecca) #4791

I browned the burger first (we are hunters and use venison with tallow mixed in), put the meat in the cupcake pan the scrambled up some eggs (whipped with hc of course :yum:) and poured over the meat. I baked at 350 for 20 min. You could certainly mix in veggies or cheese; there’s so many variations. Awesome for quick, on the go meals or snacks!!!

(Candy Lind) #4792

Oh, crap, I couldn’t see the drool even with my glasses! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:drooling_face: (just practicing)

(Candy Lind) #4793

Two of my favorite fat carriers are spinach (creamed, x butter) and cabbage (sour cream, butter, & a pinch of caraway seed). You could also slather some mayo (flavored or plain) on top of the fish after you plate it.

(Liz ) #4794

This way of eating is unsustainable! :rofl:

(Shayne) #4795

I was thinking of maybe adding some pork belly if you’re going to grind it yourself!

(matt ) #4796

Buy a skin-on pork shoulder and remove the skin. Cube the shoulder and cut out any connective tissue and save it. Toss the skin and the tissue into a bot of boiling water and cook it a bit. Take it out and cut the skin into small pieces. Add the skin and gristle back to the meat and toss it all into the freezer for a bit. Grind it all together and you get the added fat and collagen from the skin and connective tissue. We kept it as loose sausage and made patties as needed. I am sure you could find casings.

(Brian D.) #4797

[quote=“Daisy, post:1, topic:3210, full:true”]

Fresh made pesto and garlic shrimp cooked in Kerrygold butter.

(Ellie Baum) #4798

“stir fry”
Cauliflower rice, bell peppers, onions, eggs, pine nuts, liquid aminos, rice wine vinegar, butter

(Sophie) #4799

Back in the day, I used to bake these on top of a bed of BBQ beans, because we all knew that beans where heart healthy…now the carby beans have been kicked to the curb and the good stuff remains!