What did you Keto today?

(Candy Lind) #4760

:rofl::rofl::rofl::heart_eyes:

(Candy Lind) #4761

Be sure and load ā€˜em up with mayo! Mineā€™s homemade, & I like to add mustard as well. I may break my fast with this, simply because itā€™ll be super-quick!

(Candy Lind) #4762

Man, thatā€™s some MEAT there! :heart_eyes:

(Rebecca) #4763

Traveling this weekend. Egg cups with ground venison and hard boiled eggs for travel eats!!

Just lovely foods everyone. Something to aspire to.

This morning I made a large batch of really good tomato spaghetti sauce, and froze it in half cup containers. 4 carbs each container, and I generally only use about half (2 carbs) for a serving. I was able to freeze 12 containers - enough for a long time.

5 years ago, I would have used far more sauce in a serving (maybe a cup?), plus over real pasta or rice instead of now over caul-rice, or as a pizza sauce, or even in a soup.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4765

A little different tonight.

(Missy) #4766

I blame you! I now have sliced jalapenos with just about every meal I eat. :joy:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4767

Not a bad thing!

(Rayanne Mc Cullough) #4768

These are from Costco. Both have the same amount of carbs. I know it has some sugar.

(Rayanne Mc Cullough) #4769

Sausage is ground pork with seasoning and usually comes in a cassing. When itā€™s Italian it has that type of seasoning. They have all sorts of ā€œsausagesā€ but typically itā€™s ground pork. Iā€™ve recently seen chicken sausages as well.

(Rayanne Mc Cullough) #4770

Lol they recently removed some of the fat that is probably why there is auger now

(Sophie) #4771

Uh huh, bacon makes all the difference! :rofl::laughing::rofl:

I love pork sausage. I prefer pork sausage to bacon. Heresy I know.
Alas pork sausage is being made with less fat these days. To get more fat, I purchased a less expensive brand but when I cooked it down, there was no excess fat in the pan! damn!

The other day, thinking I might make some of my own fatty sausage with added fat, I looked in the meat department and there was a package of fresh ground pork. It was dark pink! Every extra bit of fat must have been trimmed off. It was disgusting! Guess Iā€™m going to have to find some fatty meat and grind it myself, which is a real pain.

(Tim Adams) #4773

I made that same Zuppa last saturday. It was soup-er lol. Sorry :neutral_face: But I would totally make it again :+1:t2::+1:t2:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4774

Find a butcher near you who does sausages. They make em more old style. I have a nice butcher and a polish sausage place for all my needs.

Yes, I was thinking Iā€™d have to do something like that. We have a nice local butcher, but I havenā€™t been in there for years - since Costco came to town. :slight_smile:

They used to make the best bbq ribs in their shop, but they were too fatty (pre keto), so I stopped. Silly me.

(Sophie) #4776

I already grind my own hamburger. Google pink slime. It takes about an hour from prep to last hand washing and thatā€™s only once a month for 5-6lbs. Iā€™ve thought about doing my own sausage too if only I could source some decent casings! Itā€™d be worth it.

Iā€™ve ground both my own beef hamburger and pork in the past with a kitchenaid grinder attachment. The beef was easier. The pork needed to be very cold, preferable partially frozen so it was extremely firmā€¦ or it kept clogging the grinder. It also had more gristle/connective tissue which made it even more difficult. I decided it was not worth it. But that was pre-keto, so maybe now it might be worth it. It was very good tasting, but at the time I was feeling guilty about loving all that fat.

As for casings, I got some (a small amount) from the local butcher shop (mentioned above). I went in, asked the butcher, and they gave me enough to use. They did not charge me for it. Unfortunately I was not practiced enough to make neat sausages. I ended up making patties instead. It all was messy too.

But Iā€™m not afraid of making a mess (I do it often enough), so I might try again. I already have both a hunk of boneless pork shoulder and a package of pork fat in the freezerā€¦ Hmmmmmā€¦ The weekend approachesā€¦

(Sophie) #4778

I have a vintage Hobart attachment for my Kitchenaid and it has a sausage stuffer thingy. It grinds like a mo-fo and has 2 different sizes for mince or coarse. I use the coarse for the hamburger. My problem is finding a ā€œbutcherā€ around here. So far when Iā€™ve asked to purchase pig fat (for schmaltz) or chicken hearts or chicken skin, I get looked at like Iā€™m a devil worshiper looking for sacrifices for the altar! Itā€™s disheartening and I doubt that asking for empty intestine will get my much farther! :smile:

(TJ Borden) #4779

Arrrrrrghā€¦ why do I keep checking this thread while fasting???