What did you Keto today?

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4659

An experiment. Dana Carpenter’s Heroin Wings treatment on sous vide Heston inspired pork belly cubes. No butter to keep the rub on, which was a mistake though it’s rich AF.

Dumped remaining rub on asparagus.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4660

I can’t lie…I had them!

(Dustin Bell) #4661

Omg, smothered huge broccoli spears with room temp bacon grease, salted them and baked them. My satiety signal punched me right in the face.

(Candy Lind) #4662

Needed to do something about my bacon nectar supply … so, six jelly roll pans later, I have 4 more inches of nectar in my jar, & BLT wraps (well actually BCT - those are collards) for supper, with Kerrygold Aged Cheddar for dessert. And a nice supply of bacon for the fridge & freezer. :innocent:

Jalapeno fudge! With salsa and avacado :fried_egg:

(Ernest) #4664

There’s always 1 or 2 grams per link.
I normally eat once a day so it doesn’t bother me.
I rarely hit 10 grams of carbs a day.

(Ernest) #4665

Cod

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4666

How I broke my fast and headed into feast–smoked Leg of Lamb with pesto and feta

(Lonnie Hedley) #4667

Fancy morning coffee.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4668

That thing wasn’t cheap.

(Lonnie Hedley) #4669

“Perks” of working for a multinational company.

leaf lard ??

maybe some peppermint added somehow…

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4672

It’s the lard from around the kidneys and loin of the pig. It’s the highest quality lard. Cow fat is pretty much the same from nose to tail. Pigs, not so much.

Of no interest to us, it’s fantastic for making pastries. Of interest to us, mild meaty flavor. 375* smoke point, so decent for saute, and great for things like eggs. Not really appropriate for post-sous vide searing. Tallow is better for that, tho refined avo oil might be best.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4673

You could mash it into the cream cheese, reform into squares and freeze.

Alternatively, you could layer it on top before freezing.

Incidentally, freezing should effectively blanch the mint.

(matt ) #4674

Bob Evans sausage patties are 0 carbs for 2.

(Wenchie) #4675

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4676

Cauliflower rice on the bottom of the plate?

(matt ) #4677

Had pork belly with cauli-rice and black soybeans the other day…so damn good…I did not take a pic :frowning:

Hard to tell is not not regular beans and rice!

(Mike W.) #4678

Now where is my kerrygold…