What did you Keto today?

(TJ Borden) #4598

Pork sirloin tip roast sous vide for 18 hours. The one that comes in the 4-pack (2lbs each) at Costco for about $15. Loving my sous vide, although I’m still trying to sell my wife on @carl’s medical equipment angle.

Where do you find oxtail?

(TJ Borden) #4600

Amazing. I’ve never had a frittata raise like that. What’s your secret?

(Lonnie Hedley) #4601

Cast iron? No idea. Haha. 4 eggs, 2tbls HWC. Beat until frothy. Drop in a heated skillet. Toss in a stick of cheese split in two. It deflates quickly.

(Lauren) #4602

Lunch!

(Sophie) #4603

Our WalMart started carrying them (along with tongue :+1: and tripe :-1: ) and I can get them (Ox Tails only) at Sam’s Club too.

(Ellie Baum) #4604

Rutabaga (Swede) hash. I used to eat that hash you get in a can all the time. It was a comfort food. One of the few things I sometimes miss. So I made a lower carb version.

I didn’t realize how much rutabaga I added at first. It was a bit too much for my desired nutritional profile and my preferences.

Onions, ground beef, chicken stock, dill, thyme, oregano, bell peppers, butter, salt. Lots of salt!

So I took some of the rutabaga out and I’m going to mix with butter and make rutabaga mash. And eat it with a big chunk of protein and cover it with fat

I do chicken skin crackling, baking paper over & under the salted skin, sandwich between 2 baking sheets, bake for about 20 mins in a hot oven. Yum!

Went to the grocery today. Wasn’t looking for meat, but saw two lovely, smallish, and very fatty, well-marbled boneless ribeyes for a reasonable price. Bought them. Cooked one for lunch, and ate about half. It definitely lived up to it’s fatty promise.

I have always loved meat fat as the favorite part of a cut. While I have eaten it over the years, I felt bad. No more.

Funny, 6 months ago the thought of eating slices of Kerrygold butter wrapped in salami would have not crossed my mind.

Today, it was pretty damn tasty.

Huh? I’m confused? :joy:

Just kidding, I sometimes go for other stuff, too. Like wine.

My dad made us eat tripe as kids. Hasn’t passed my lips since.

In addition to the two obviously fatty steaks, also purchased an avocado, a bag of pork rinds (to make peanut butter bars), and psyllium powder (for keto bread). After I had put my goods on the conveyor belt, the skinny woman behind me looked at my foods, then at me, and must have thought ‘she doesn’t need all that fatty stuff’.

(Sophie) #4611

The only time I’ve ever had it is on Potted Meat which was tolerable but always gave me indigestion! The thought of having it any other way kinda turns my stomach… haha :blush:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4612

A trick would be to beat the whites separately from the yolks, beat em to peaks, and then folks in the yolks and the HWC. Makes a “soufflé egg.”

(Candy Lind) #4613

I like 'em fried in bacon grease.

(Ernest) #4614

Is it a huge sausage or just a small bird?

(Ernest) #4615

That tripe is bleached. Not good.
Get unbleached tripe, now THAT is good eats.

(Candy Lind) #4616

Put up my first batch of sauerkraut this afternoon. Can’t wait for it to be ready!
sauerkraut

Lamb shank (curry) in instant pot (50 min & release) & roasted curry cauliflower.