What did you Keto today?

(Mike W.) #4458

Spicy orange chicken stir fry over satĂš riced cauliflower.

(Robert Kuhar) #4459

Yes! finishing up the video now

(TJ Borden) #4460

So deprived

(TJ Borden) #4461

So, if you pour enough of that on pizza you’re good to go, right?

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4462

Ohhh thank you for posting the video! I’ve been dying to learn a good Bearnaise recipe :raised_hands:t2:

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4463

You’re right! I grabbed the wrong picture, though I did smoke almonds too!

The Seasoned Pecans had J Christopher Rub, nutritional yeast and butter on them. Roasted at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

(Ernest) #4464

Actually that’s from Costco, prime beef.

(Ernest) #4465

I saw that at the store. Blew my mind.

(Rob) #4466

Fried eggs on a bed of Sautéed Kale with Sautéed Broccoli & Mushrooms, all cooked with lashings of butter :smile:

Not a combo I’d normally put together, but basically stuff that was left over from the weekend and needed using up.

(Rob) #4467

The beginnings of a delish bone broth made with left over beef short ribs and 1.5kg of tasty oxtail pieces fresh from the local butcher

Recipe here: https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/13/Keto-Bone-Broth

(Lonnie Hedley) #4468

If eating fat made you fat, I’d be enormous. #fatgoals

(Candy Lind) #4469

Cheesy, buttery pecans? OMG, that sounds decadent. :heart_eyes: I would try that rub, except it has sugar in it. Back to the almonds - just smoke & salt?

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4470

It has a negligible amount of sugar when you factor it over the nuts, which is why I went for it.

Smoked Almonds - I coated them in butter, nutritional yeast and salt. Tossed’em around then smoked at 200 degrees for 1 hour, then dried them in a 300 degree oven for 40 minutes. I think the biggest thing was pulling the parchment paper off the cookie sheet when they came out of the oven. It helped keep them dry.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #4471

Found the thread too late.

This was sous vide turkey leg confit, about one drumstick worth. 24hours at 149F/65C. Presear in a pan, equilibrium salt in the bag with olive oil, rosemary and thyme. Post sear under the broiler.

4 lunches at ~$1.30 a lunch. Winner. Next go, with some lard/tallow/schmaltz in the bag instead of OO.

Also yielded about two cups of stock out of the bag. Filtered and stored for sauce making and soup.

(Ernest) #4472

BBQ salad. I vacuum seal batches and reheat sous vide. Tastes fresh off the smoker. Actually, the smoke flavor gets intensified

(Garry (Canada)) #4473

That’s just Sexy!

(Candy Lind) #4474

We have a huge smoker that hasn’t been used in several years while we’ve been on the road. When my hubby comes home, I want to smoke a bunch of meat so we’ll have all the BBQ we want, without all the sugar. I’ll make a point of smoking some nuts & making jerky, as well. :relaxed:

(Candy Lind) #4475

What app is that?

(Candy Lind) #4476

I think I’ll try something like that. Hubby :two_hearts:lurves :two_hearts: Shepherd’s Pie!