What did you Keto today?

(Sophie) #4356

Hey, it happens. I really think it was pouring in the butter too fast. And I had the water/lemon juice in there and my yolks were at room temp too. I also used my stick blender. It’s a Cuisinart Smart Stick. There aren’t any attachments with it, only the deep cup. I think I’m going to try out Baconaise with it next since I seem to have an over abundance of bacon juice currently. But I won’t give up on the Hollandaise. More often than not, cooking is about technique in addition to ingredients! If at first you don’t succeed… :blush:

Ok, it just weighs heavy on my mind when I think I may have contributed to the wasting of 1/2 a block of Kerrygold butter lol

(Shayne) #4358

Clam and artichoke “risotto” (using cauli-rice) from Dana Carpender’s 500 Ketogenic Recipes.

I was the original recipe tester (it was an adventure when I did it the first time as I had never eaten artichoke before I did that). She originally wrote it for Miracle Rice, but I used cauliflower and she went with it.

(Sophie) #4359

No worries…cost wise it comes out to about $1.25 since I buy it 2/$5 on sale at Publix and keep it handy in the freezer. That way I always have a relatively cheap source of butter on hand. :blush:

(Sophie) #4360

I had 2 leftover, baked chicken thighs from last night and 2 of the DietDoctor Keto Buns, so I threw together a sandwich for us for lunch…

ChixThighSammie2

Just made these for the first time this morning. Been wanting to try for awhile…My carb count comes out a little higher than she has listed, but they were good. Not too sweet, although you could make them sweeter if you wanted. They seem really light when you eat them, and I was afraid that I was going to be hungry 5 minutes after I ate them in which case I wouldn’t appreciate the use of carbs, but they actually ended up filling me up more than I thought they would.

Edited to include link: Duh! https://sugarfreelondoner.com/italian-walnut-kisses/

Disclaimer - Used photo from recipe website:

(Sophie) #4362

Nice! I have a large bag of walnuts that I’ve been wondering what to do with them!

4 ingredients…Walnuts, Eggs, Erythritol, and cinnamon…Super simple.

No eggy taste whatsover…

(Rob) #4364

Broke my first 48 hour fast with this Pan fried Costco Sockeye Salmon, Sautéed Kalettes with bacon bits and cheddar, with a side of sautéed mushrooms…

A whole lot of salmon still to go…

I hadn’t tried Kalettes before tonight. They’re basically baby Kale plants about the size of a large Brussels sprout. Fried in butter with Bacon they were nom nom!.. and those little beggars can hold a lot of butter! :smile:

(Duncan Kerridge) #4365

Chicken livers wrapped in bacon, grilled. Nom.

(matt ) #4366

Where do you get bone out skin in thighs? Do did you debone it yourself?

and those buns look awesome!

(Sophie) #4367

The buns are awesome! It’s the second time I’ve done them and I really like them. May try to sub out some Oat Fiber for almond flour one day but that’s down the road. And I cut the bone out of the thighs before I reheated them in a skillet on the stove top.

(Sophie) #4368

Holy Crap It Worked! I was so excited that I didn’t take any pics but it was awesome! I had a feeling that it was all in the technique. I added the butter too fast last time and I was right. I think I had a little more confidence with the double boiler method. I’m very old school and I’ve always have reservations with uncooked eggs. I am going to try @Rian’s method again for comparison. I can also see Eggs Benedict in my very near future, maybe using one of those DietDoctor buns as a base (have to think on that now!)…God, how I adore a lazy Sunday Brunch! :smile:

(Tessy M.) #4369

Keto chicken cordon bleu casserole and cocoa keto whip for dessert!

(Pete A) #4370

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4371

Go figure:…:policeman:t2:‍♂

(Rob) #4372

Just when we assume you zig, you zag… cutting the ribeye in 2… well played sir, well played! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Ernest) #4373

I’m not into snacking but when I do, I prefer chicharrones and homemade guacamole…

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4374

So I’m way behind on the podcast, 2 Keto Dudes. Today I listened to the one year anniversary show. I was inspired by Carl’s “Buffalo Wing Chicken Meatballs” and cooked up a “Buffalo Wing Gargantuan” with Fox Hill Kitchens low carb “bunz”

That’s Miss Piper in the background, pretending not to beg. :rofl:

(Joanna) #4375

90-second mug bread (toasted) and a spinach, ricotta, and sausage omelette (cooked in bacon fat) :slight_smile: