What did you Keto today?

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4256

I made a BLT salad at a restaurant by selecting the “Wedge Salad” added bacon, avocado and grilled shrimp.

I took off the croutons and ended up only eating half of the lettuce. It was YUMMY!

(Candy Lind) #4257

I can see doing something similar with salmon … :heart_eyes:

(Michele) #4258

I lived dangerously today!
I recently bought full fat coconut yoghurt. I was putting the nutritional info into Chronometer and noticed the recommended serving size as 50g. I mean who eats 50g of yoghurt?! I can see why they put this 100g has 25.7g of fat of which 22.9g is saturated. So flipping the digit at standard dietary recommendations I had 120g! It’s delicious too :):grinning:

Chicken thigh and spinach loaded with good fats

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4260

Tried something new today! 3-egg omelet with pulled pork inside. Topped with Salt/Pepper, 2-tbl spoons of low carb salsa and a couple of jalapeños!

Almost done, Brussel Sprouts, Salami, Asparagus and tomatoes. Frozen asparagus, I break the stems into the pan saving the tips to add with the eggs. Cooked in some beef tallow that I rendered from a steak last week. That’s a Griswold from a long long time ago.

Anyone have issues with nightshades?

(Ellie Baum) #4262

My first experience with Zoodles. I fried them in bacon grease :slight_smile:. It was good! Def do it again.

Zoodles with cheese sauce and bacon.

(Shayne) #4263

Daughter and I had grilled t-bones and each had our own version of cheesy broccoli & cauliflower. She had the premade kind (frozen from a box). I’m dairy free, so I had vegan cheese on mine and added bacon grease. Vegan cheese has come a long way in 20 years!

Slow simmering eggs in homemade bone broth.

(Michael Iafrato ) #4265

Hi Penny… I wasn’t the one with the recipe, it was Francis Lessard. It does sound yummy.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4266

All this needs now is broccoli flowettes along with the cauliflower and it is the perfect casserole. Think I might have to make this after I break my current fast.

(Lonnie Hedley) #4267

Sausage and eggs (over hard).

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4268

I love hard eggs! Especially when cooked in bacon juice!

(Lonnie Hedley) #4269

That’s normally how I make all my eggs no matter the style. Today it was sausage juice though.

(Sophie) #4270

That’s a new one on me! Interesting!

It was very good. I think it’s going to become a regular thing.
It was one of those “wonder how this would be?” kind of things.

(Sophie) #4272

So, I’m guessin it was like poached only in broth. :slightly_smiling_face:

Basically. This week I made my first batch of bone broth so playing around with it.

(Robert Kuhar) #4274

Messing around with a keto tortilla recipe. Turned out well, tasted like whole grain tortillas

(Liz ) #4275

At the restaurant tonight, grilled sirloin with marrow compound butter, Brussels sprouts roasted in bacon fat. I took the steak from one menu option, ditched the sides, added the veg from the sides menu & made a perfect Keto meal! Add in a totally unsweetened margarita (basically tequila & lime juice on the rocks with a salt rim) & we had a nice time :smile: