What did you Keto today?

Not the thread to read while fasting…LOL

(Liz ) #4157

Broke a 46 hour fast with zucchini noodles and ground turkey meat sauce, I used Rao’s basil marinara. Generous coating of Parmesan on top. Very simple but I hadn’t done it yet & I’m pleased how fast it went together. Glad I didn’t ditch that impulse purchased spiralizer last year! I know turkey is low fat & high protein but I like the texture so I added oil & butter everywhere to fatten it up :smile:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #4158

Your so punny at ending a fast!!!

(Candy Lind) #4159

I’ve seen two techniques to counteract that “squishy” texture - 1) rinse, microwave 2 minutes, repeat from the top & finally rinse again; 2) “fry” them in a dry skillet for a bit. I guess getting some of the moisture out of them helps. I can attest to #1 making a difference.

(Candy Lind) #4160

I needs me some ribs.:heart_eyes:

(Bridget Parro) #4161

First time poster!!

Sous vide pork chop, MIL homemade kraut, and garlic spetzel (from wonderfully made and dearly loved blog)

(Jenn Monaghan) #4162

Ooh, what are spetzels made of?

(Bridget Parro) #4163

I pan fried them in butter and garlic.

(Sophie) #4164

Looks interesting…how did they taste?

(Candy Lind) #4165

Oh boy, another blog to pick up keto friendly recipes!

(Bridget Parro) #4166

Really good! Maybe a bit more tender than real pasta, and not as much chew. Probably the best alternative I’ve come across (and I’ve tried LOTS of alternatives)

(Candy Lind) #4167

Super Crunch Coleslaw along with some fatty leftovers from making bone broth, in some bone broth.

(Ellen) #4168

Buttered steak fried in beef dripping, because I can.

(Jenn Monaghan) #4169

Sausage crust pizza!

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4170

Homemade Bacon Bits Cesar Salad with hard boiled eggs and fox hill croutons

!

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #4171

Thank you!

(matt ) #4172

Now that’s rare. Or maybe raw. Yummy.

(matt ) #4173

What kind of sausage. I like this idea.

(Ellen) #4174

Yep! I like it pretty blue!

(Jenn Monaghan) #4175

I bought a whole pig and picked it up this weekend. So I have about 50 packs of medium spiced ground sausage.:grin: If I didn’t buy the whole pig, I would have used Bob Evans Rolled Italian sausage.

(Edit to add) My husband said he was in “food nirvana” when he tried it.