What did you Keto today?

(Candy Lind) #5178

Obviously not all eaten yet, but they came out really pretty with the two different colors of seeds. The “shine” is from a spritz of avocado oil on the upper parchment when I rolled them, so it would be easy to remove for scoring. I am so happy with the results, that’s going to be SOP from now on.
OH … and four pounds of bacon baked and bagged for future meals. My bacon nectar container is FULL! :flushed: Everything’s getting cooked in bacon nectar this week. :relaxed:

I already got a request for the recipe, so:

I made it with the seasonings they suggested this time, but I’ve made them with just salt and pepper, and with a Tex-Mex mix (chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin) as well. A friend reduced the liquid and mixed in fresh salsa one time, and they had to cook a little longer but came out tasting great.

(Raj Seth) #5179

When I make sauerkraut I give it a solid month of room temp fermentation. I just made a batch of pickles and put an entire head of cauliflower in there (but into florets). I seed new pickle jars with sauerkraut juice, and it is ready and full sour in 10 days. IME a week is just not enough time for fermentation

(mary6aros) #5180

My birthday cake, :laughing: My hubby said, “I love the Keto diet.”

(Sophie) #5181

What’s not to love about pulled pork! :heart_eyes:

(Candy Lind) #5182

I was ANXIOUS! I’ll try to go longer next batch - promise! :relaxed: :innocent:

(Candy Lind) #5183

This was an experiment.

I was still hungry after eating a pretty big meal. Drank a bunch of water and waited to see if the hungry devil would get off my shoulder. Nope, still hanging on. I’ve already had enough protein today - what do I do? Find a fat conveyance. I put 2.5T of Kerrygold butter down the middle of a couple of cabbage leaves, then put a T of mayo on for good measure. Wrap; eat. Experiment successful.

What's wrong with me?
(Raj Seth) #5184

As the dudes would say “NICE…”

(Scott Telfer) #5185

steak, bacon, egg and double salad at local restaurant

(matt ) #5186

Last night we made a meatloaf of sorts with ground beef and chorizo with some veg…we took all the fat and poured it into a bowl with tomato paste and broth and hit it with a stick blender…it was amazing!

Not the best pic but…

The bits on the top are crispy chicken skins we chopped up and added for texture.

(Candy Lind) #5187

Thanks for that one! I’m gonna try it.

(Candy Lind) #5188

I want to hit the like button about 10 times. I’m gonna try this!! We love our meat loaf smothered in sauce, and here’s the best sounding one I’ve seen.

(What The Fast?!) #5189

OR, the fat on your body!

(Rob) #5190

Home made pork cracklings…

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5191

Pork loin and chicken thighs cooked after Raichlen’s Only Marinade You’ll Ever Need. (tweaked for what I like and have: Lemon-LIME juice in place of lemon, aleppo pepper in place of flakes, freeze dried dill and chives + dried parsley, in place of fresh herb). Cooked on sheet pans in the oven.

Tasty.

(Candy Lind) #5192

@rustyk61 I nearly forgot to take the picture again - I’d already started cutting! This is an inch-thick porterhouse. Easily 3 meals for me & I was cutting out the bone to weigh it. The side is what I’ll call “lazy girl crack slaw” - cabbage fried in bacon nectar, plus pink salt, Mrs Dash Table Blend, and Frank’s Red-Hot.

(Ellen) #5193

Just a little buttered steak, it’s a classic for a reason :wink:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #5194

Just making sure you guys haven’t forgot about me!

(TJ Borden) #5195

That’s a sexy piece of meat right there

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #5196

I agree…100%

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #5197

Very Nice.