What did you Keto today?

(Ernest) #1860

Look at the FAT!! YUM!!

(James storie) #1861

RIBYES!

(Ernest) #1862

Nice @jamestorie ! I see you’re trying to get your @Fiorella on with the fork shot!

(James storie) #1863

Yep @Ernest @Fiorella was definitely my inspiration! :laughing:

(Ernest) #1864

Smoked oxtail and lamb ribs.

Arctic char on a bed of fennel salad…link to recipe here

Father’s Day splurge. Molten Lava Cake with homemade vanilla ice cream. Cake is 6 net carbs almost all of which depends on what dark chocolate you use. Had some 85% Valrhona on hand. Ice cream less than 1 carb. The combo was unbelievable and worth it.

(Jacquie) #1867

Valrhona is my favourite chocolate! Nice. :slight_smile:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1868

Recipe for the ice cream? Looks really good.

All I did was mix 2 eggs, scant 1/4 cup powdered/blended erythritol, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, 2 tsp vodka, Then put in ice maker for about 20 min. Not sure how much softer the vodka makes it the next day, still experimenting.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1870

I’d be interested in how much difference the vodka makes vs. the other ingredients, as I don’t consume alcohol at all, so vodka is not an option for me.

I need to find some time to experiment myself, as ice cream is one of the few things that I truly do miss, and I’ve yet to find a keto alternative that I’m happy with.

(Ernest) #1871

I’m scared to try any keto ice cream. I just don’t want to get disappointed and end up getting Häagen-Dazs to satisfy me.

(Ernest) #1872

Lamb T Bone steaks

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r636/emtawali/cameringo_20170618_161823-picsay_zpseqibxltu.jpg

(Mary Ann) #1873

I’ve been watching your grilling. And I wish I was your neighbor! :grin:

(Ernest) #1874

@MaryAnn And I always grill enough just in case stary Humans show up. LOL!!

(Mary Ann) #1875

Even better. And I bet they do!

(Ernest) #1876

Funny story before I get booted for hijacking the thread. I’ve had strangers show up on Thanksgiving.
I offer to host for friends, non-traditional thanksgiving. They sent messages to their friends out of town and before I knew it, they were making plans and showing up…annually.

(Andrew Anderson) #1877

Break a 29hr fast with jowl bacon, sausage, and eggs fried in jowl fat!

(Dean) #1878

Birthday Supper!

Happy birthday!!! :grinning::balloon::tada::gift: