What did you Keto today?

(Christopher Avery) #1719

Butter-fried burger with cheddar and bacon, broccoli raab sauteed in butter, and avocado. Followed with my first attempt at making Keto Chocolate Mousse which turned out just fine.
#BoringKeto

(Sheri Knauer) #1720

BLT on romaine. The B is the butter I used to cook the eggs in. I took 2 romaine leaves, on one I put some avocado mayo, on the other chipotle lime, both from primal kitchen. Then I put a layer of thin sliced avocado on each, followed by bacon, then scrambled eggs, then some thin sliced cherry tomatoes, then topped it off with salt and pepper. They were so good. The one with the chipotle lime I liked better than the one with the plain mayo.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #1721

Strip steaks, seared on the IR burner, then cooked rare on the main grill, along with creamed spinach.

No pic, 'cause I was in a hurry to feed myself and my boys. But super-tasty!

#boringKeto, indeed.

(Ren) #1722

Cauliflower grilled cheese with Trader Joeā€™s Unknown Cheddar, turkey, and bacon. Ate one and I was stuffed.

(Jeremy Storie) #1723

I had a bone in ribeye at Outback Steakhouse :grin: The best part was nawing on the bone when I was done! Sorry no picture :neutral_face:

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #1724

Chicken salad :sunglasses: I loosely followed @richard recipe adding jalapeƱos, bacon, ACV, green onion, garlic oil, and cracked pepper.

(Arlene) #1725

This looks amazing. Iā€™m buying cauliflower tomorrow just for this!

(Ren) #1726

It was dericious!!! I used half a head of cauliflower, about 2-3oz of shredded mozzarella, salt and pepper to make the crust. Then just filled with stuff that is yummy and dericious!

(What The Fast?!) #1727

No pics, but I ate at Zabaā€™s tonight. If youā€™re not familiar, itā€™s just like Chipotle. Instead of a burrito, I got a salad, topped with fajita vegetables, half barbacoa/half carnitas, guac, sour cream, salsa, and cheese. NOMNOMNOM!!

I feel that Mexican places are the easiest to make a satisfying keto meal (if youā€™re sick of bacon cheeseburgers, sans the bun).

ā€¦Then I made a faux cocoa for a sweet treat. (1 tbsp cocoa powder, hot water, 1-2T of heavy cream, and some stevia)

(Richard Morris) #1728

mmmmm, noice

(Cathrine Helle) #1729

Is this difficult to make? Grilled cheese seems like something Iā€™d like to take to lunch at work the days Iā€™m having lunch :slight_smile:

(Ren) #1730

It isnā€™t difficult but it does take about 30 minutes.

Half a head of cauliflower, riced/shredded. Cook it till soft, you can microwave it, sautee it, or roast it. Place in towel and squeeze excess water out (becareful it is very hot). Mix with 2-3 oz cheese (I used mozzarella) and 1 egg.

Place on parchment paper and form 2 bread squares. Bake at 350-400 for 20 mins. Take out of oven and place one in pan top side down with oil/butter/bacon grease. Top with cheese and water else you want in it. Cover with second piece, flip after a couple mins.

Once both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted. Take off and enjoy

You can freeze the bread squares after baking them to save for later. This weekend Iā€™m going to make a bigger batch of the cauliflower ā€œbreadā€ to freeze so I can make grilled cheeses much faster.

(Crystal ) #1731

It was my birthday yesterday so I made a carlshead pizza and a strawberry mug cake with whipped cream! Delightful!

Kielbasa and chicken stir-fried with veggies (plus lots of previously browned mushrooms) with a side of shredded zucchini sautƩed in butter with garlic.

Lol. Someone is like me and doesnā€™t like olives!

(Jeremy Storie) #1734

I feel sorry for the kids when they have to pick them off :joy:

Iā€™d like this twice if I could. Yum!

Maybe I need instructions then, because my daughter is wanting to go to the local Mexican restaurant and Iā€™m way too chicken to go. lol

Iā€™m not sure if they have salads, but my most tempting items before were far from keto.

(Jeremy Storie) #1737

Fajitas with no tortillas, rice, or beans. Ask for pork fajitas if they have them. They will be the fattiest choice. And lots of guacamole :grin:

(Mary Ann) #1738

Iā€™ve been warned about restaurant guacamole. Do some places make it w/ sugar? It might be worth asking.