What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Brandy) #9175

Mmmmm- jammy :heart::heart::heart:

(Elias Gregory Turney) #9176

Yeah, that’s our little pupper, Floof! I don’t actually have a phone of my own, so we used bluedove’s to
take the pic :laughing: I’ll probably have another photo to show at some point, but we’re kinda tight on keto options due to the COVID-19 panic :upside_down_face:

('Jackie P') #9177

Oh dear, it’s a real worry, I do wish you well.

Last week’s bone broth with today’s broth’s osso bucco, eggs, sardines, mackerel and mixed salad.

(Kristen Ann) #9179

Hi all,
I found a facebook group that is for ONLY keto/low carb recipes. No chit chat and all the recipes come with instructions and pictures. I think it’s a great resource.

Mods, am I allowed to share the link to this group on here for those interested?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #9180

Yup, go ahead… and thanks for asking, that was nice!

If the facebook group asks for money in any way, put it under the spam category. If no money is involved go ahead an put it in the recipes category. Either way, put it in it’s own topic rather than this thread unless you are posting it along with a photo of food you’ve personally made here.

(Steve) #9181

Smoked Sweet & Spicy Pig Candy
Oh and a couple of smoked pepperoni chips too.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #9182

Today is Mothering Sunday in UK and we had planned to take Mr S’s mum to the beach today in our camper van. Sadly we came to the decision not to yesterday, but did show her the van at a safe distance. Also waved at my APs through the window of their house yesterday.

These are frightening times. But a highlight for us today was bacon, eggs and mushrooms cooked in the van! No picture - but trust me, it was keto, and it was delicious!

Stay safe. And extra love both to mothers and people with mothers this very strange Mothering Sunday.

:two_hearts:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #9183

Awwww he’s not looking at the yummy food today. :joy:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #9184

Today’s OMAD, couldn’t finish this one. Had to leave the bacon and the cheese. The chicken was too filling. Yes I took a bite out of the pickle. I’m still too full hours later.:joy::joy::joy:

('Jackie P') #9185

Cooked a chicken dinner for Mum and I,

Her’s had potatoes :slightly_smiling_face:, mine had butter!
Probably our last meal together for a while. :cry:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #9186

Awwwwwwwww lovely Jax. Hugs to you both. Not that hugs are allowed… :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

('Jackie P') #9187

Aww thank you, virtual hugs :hugs:

(Mame) #9188

absolutely none needed! Especially as I am a recipe deviator as well to the despair of my wife and friends.

Hmmm, I did take the extra time to skim fat off and develop/reduce sauce at the end although not with the meat in there then… I think what I didn’t do was at the start really develop the caramel part (because of inner conflict over sweet tastes :smile:) Has anyone else noticed that it takes allulose way longer to caramelize than sugar does…? After about 15 minutes I kinda said “F it” and moved on…

Really for my tastes I need to find a way to get it good and spicy without much of a sweet note. there is plenty of fat in the meat for the browning unami aspect…
I also really liked parboiling it first, I think that really helps with this kind of dish.

Well every dish does not need to be a knock out one sometimes food can just be pleasurable fuel.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #9189

Ground beef, Rotel (canned tomatoes and green chiles), and cheddar cheese

Twas a TMAD Sunday, oven-baked chicken, my husband’s uncle’s chickens, but I know he feeds them bread, as well, so not very omega-6 friendly, but I never liked chicken skin…

Lazy Sunday :slight_smile::wink:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #9192

@Meerkatsandy Mmm, I guess you thought that loaf of bread would slip past unnoticed! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::baguette_bread::baguette_bread::baguette_bread::baguette_bread::baguette_bread::baguette_bread::baguette_bread::wink::cowboy_hat_face:

Chicken thighs stuffed with sausage meat and wrapped in bacon, smoked on the charcoal kettle with apple wood chunks. Might eat about six of them…

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #9194

Oooooooh, if you’re only going to eat six, could you send the other six over the pond to me, please? :wink: They look AMAZING!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: