What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

('Jackie P') #823

I’m so glad you are not overstuffing yourself with crackers!:rofl:

('Jackie P') #824

No photo today, walked with a friend 3 miles along the seafront to a cafe and had ham, eggs and sausage (instead of chips)! Walked 3 miles home! Got caught in the bloody rain both ways!
I would like to announce that my hair is a ruddy mess🤨

I don’t like being able to see my reflection in my coffee #FeelingSorry4Myself…less than 24hrs into my EF

Thanks @FGH … Actually, I just eat to satiety and have no issues stopping if I get to feeling full. So I definitely don’t try to make sure to finish the plate after feeling full. (But usually finish them 99% of the time feeling fine.) … But I just make sure I’m eating the foods I know don’t put me over 20g total carbs daily. (This is basically the only thing I worry about really and no, I don’t worry about calories overall) So there may be a good amount of food showing on my dishes, but once you know the carb counts on what you’re eating, it’s pretty easy to know how much is too much. … But I also do mostly meats, with just enough sides to compliment it, keeping it interesting and most of all, tasty. :slight_smile: :+1:

(I do indeed enjoy a nice meal. And my Motto has always been When I eat… I eat.I never snack. :+1:

Also, anytime you mention someone or ask them something, you can also try using the @, and then their name which will pop up for you to select. This will then send them a notification of your post, ensuring they see your response or question. … Also, @Jody22 already placed a link for my thread (Thanks Jody) Please do stop by & hope you find it useful. It’s titled Dave’s Progress Thread - Year II

(Jody) #827

Don’t ask why … but 1 lb worth of cold hamburger patties just sounded good.

(Jody) #828

@Digital_Dave no problem … wasn’t trying to steal your thunder … just I keep a tab open to this thread and that one

:smile:

No worries, appreciate you providing the link. … And yeah, I frequent this thread whether I’m eating or not. Which like now, I’m presently just over 68 hrs. Fasted and will probably break in the next day or so.

(Jody) #830

I haven’t fasted in about 2 months. It’s strange, but I am eating about 2 - 2.5 lbs of meat a day, and in the almost 30 days I have been on Carnivore … I have lost 12+ pounds. Not only that, but my midsection is getting leaner and I even had to get new pants for work as my others were too big. @Digital_Dave

My quick, go to, lazy keto lunch.
Added an Iced coffee with HWC, from Starbucks.

Yep, goes to show ya it’s not always the amount of food… but moreover the type of food. Congrats! :slight_smile:

I know there are some folks when they see someone who is overweight, might simply think that this person simply eats way too much, or they eat all the time. - But I myself gained most of my weight, (over many years as well) when I wasn’t eating many meals a day. Most times back then I would only eat once or twice daily, just like I do know. (and probably not even as much!) :smile: … It’s just that the main difference it simply the type of foods I’m eating. Which are simply lower carb. Plus, I believe that snacking is also a real big issue, being it keeps your insulin spiking, so I simply only eat with meals.:slight_smile:

(Jody) #833

100% agree AND it shows there is no “cookie cutter” diet that is right for everyone. I lost over 1/2 my body weight (200 lbs lost) with the eating 6 small meals with the macros of 50g f / 150g c / 250g p. I did this for YEARS, but there came a point where it wasn’t working as well and some pounds made their way back. My wife convinced me to go with Keto (with her) and I lost about 40 pounds with that. Then I decided to test this carnivore diet (since, like you, I was already getting the vast majority of my calories from meat) and it’s really been a boost. This also reinforces that you sometime need to switch things up to keep it “fresh”. I was OMAD for a long time on Keto, but this week I started TMAD and am seeing the weight loss speeding up with this change.

I agree, when I was big, I wasn’t eating many meals or eating non-stop or even eating all sugar and candies. What I was eating was just the wrong things, like you said!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #834

@BeStill you got it, you can do it! We’re rooting for you!!

@dlc96_darren that inferior McClownBurger looks delicious, tbh. I like how you put a fork n knife so you can pretend you actually really used them. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #835

Corner beef, scrambled eggs, toasted keto bread and some Port Salut cheese!

Pretty clever how I pulled the other bun off, to make it look like I wasn’t going to eat it. I mean, who would remove a bun, and place a knife and fork in the picture, unless they FULLY intended to deceive everybody into thinking they weren’t going to eat buns. :wink:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #837

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Brennan) #838

Just a little snack olives, pickles, asparagus & cheddar!

(Will knit for bacon. ) #839

Chicken bacon broccoli casserole, with a cheese sauce and then some more cheese on top because cheese.

It’s pretty good but I’ll be glad when all those boneless skinless chicken breasts are gone from my freezer. They don’t taste like anything anymore. Besides, I have to make room for the quarter side of pastured beef I’m picking up from a local farmer Saturday!

SNACK! … Toss in a couple burgers next time! :smile: … Makes it a side, and not a snack. :slight_smile: :+1:

Jalapeño cheddar sausages and bacon cheddar burgers from Aldi. Pretty good! I will buy them again.
Plus I barely had to do anything except heat up a couple cast iron skillets to make dinner, which is a big plus.

Broke my Fast tonight around 71.5 hrs. … Wife made Steak & Burgers and I decided to partake in the meal. :slight_smile: Added some Pickles, Olives, Pepperoni, Sauerkraut, Broccoli, Cottage Cheese and she also shared a piece of the Mini Chocolate ‘Orange’ Cheese Cake I made her last night. + Dark Ghirardelli