What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7964

@Alex_PN That’s interesting looking ground meat or “mince” you guys get over there. It never looks like that in America. I always wondered why @ClareBear’s food looks kind of like sautéed worms with eggs sometimes! :laughing::joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

(Alex ) #7965

@David_Stilley

Yeah, it’s a bit of a win win really with the frozen mince, the higher the fat content, the cheaper it tends to be. the frozen beef I bought today (in the picture) is 22% fat content, very good value, great for throwing in the frying pan and making omelettes when pushed for time - or for making a quick chilli with cauliflower rice.

Can’t speak for anyone else, but with my job, I just don’t have time to spare with my meals, so anything frozen, and easily cookable is great - I always check the nutrition labels for nasties though!

(Alex ) #7966

@Meerkatsandy

the dog is like “er, remember me?”

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7967

I’m sure worms are high in protein! :joy::bug:

She makes sure we remember…towards the end of our meal, she gets up, walks over to my, sits down and shows all the tricks she knows :wink:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7969

Bacon wrapped chicken breasts with a massive mound of cheesy caulimash and chicken stock gravy

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7970

Smoked Pork and Eggs :cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #7971

What does it look like over there?

I remember frozen mince from my uni days with a shared freezer - way more convenient for student digs than doing what I do now (buying a pound of fresh mince and either cooking it all, or portioning it up and then freezing it raw). Mince like in @Alex_PN pic was a Godsend because it was free-flowing and easy to cook in small portions from frozen.

Frozen mince single-handedly allowed for more time in the student bar, as I recall… (this is not a comment on any boozing behaviour, Alex - nice haul btw!).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #7972

I was thinking “worms” when I saw the mince!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7973

I never buy fresh ground, so it’s a lump. If you buy it fresh it looks similar to what you get but not frozen in little worm shapes! It seems like that would get freezer burn easily with so much exposed surface areas. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Alex ) #7974

I’ve never eaten worms, just for the record, apart from the jelly ones at the cinema

(Alex ) #7975

Aldi & Iceland specials

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7976

Um, David. I’m slightly too lazy to piece together any previous context, but are you saying you buy and eat worms?

(Ashley) #7977

Ours looks like this

at least in Michigan mine does a lot lol. Or it’ll be in a tube all squished together in a big meat log!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #7978

Aaaah, now that’s what I’d buy fresh… to then freeze!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #7979

I’d save the hit to my wallet, take a spade and help myself! #poacher #freeworms

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7980

So nice to see your face on this thread again :kissing_heart:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #7981

Awee you too, with your fine ass new avatar picture. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Mid-day meal… Scrambled Eggs with Butter fried Mushrooms, Pepperoni and Mozzarella Cheese. Also some Sausage, Bacon and a couple slices of Scrapple. Also ate some Peanuts and an Almond Milk.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #7983

Thank you hun! Xoxo