What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

If he/she gave you a better price…totally worth it :wink:

(Brandy) #6942

@David_Stilley - that steak though!

I fixed that link you made me aware of. Thanks for that. And I finally finished my blog post. And I messaged you a couple of times but don’t know that you actually got them. If not, message me on the forums and I’ll offer a better connect.

(Heather Meyer) #6943

GUYS!!! I am jumping backwards i am so happy. I finally found the holy grail of keto tortilla recipes! On and off for 2 years I have been searching for a fully gluten free, wheat free tortilla that:

-wouldnt crumble
-would reheat well
-would crisp
-would be pliable enough to roll and bend
-not taste like coconut
-not taste like flax
-not taste like cheese
-could freeze well
-not be gummy when heated
-no funky expensive ingridents
AND not be more than 2 net carbs!!

Well i freaking stumbled upon a miracle when i found this recipe. One batch made 12 - 5 inch tortillas. For 1 net carb and 110 calories!!!
And i didnt need a tortilla press!! BONUS!!
Took me less than 30 minutes of prep for 12 tortillas and barely any ingridents.

So… Dinner was Keto Taco stuffed with lean ground beef that was seasoned with homemade keto taco seasoning and tomato strips along with a tbsp of sour cream!

(Jane) #6944

Can you post the recipe?

(Heather Meyer) #6945

I dont know how to post the links to it…maybe someone else can find it and link it.

Google Search
“MyPCOSKitchen Keto Almond Flour Tortillas”

(Heather Meyer) #6946

I definitly recommend doubling the dough amount up per taco if you want a 12inch burrito shell. For 2 net carbs… cant beat that!

(Jane) #6947

Is this it?

These are the ingredients:

Tortilla%20Ingredients

(Heather Meyer) #6948

yes! thats the one!

(Jane) #6949

Well, the nutrition info on the recipe shows 138 cal and 2.84 g net carbs per tortilla (still very low).

Did you get 1 net carb by making them smaller?

(Keto butts drive me nuts) #6950

beef brisket snack

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #6951

I eat breakfast the day after breaking a fast and also some days when I have a great resistance day. Today was the best resistance for the lower body day ever.

All beef chili (yes some tomatoes in it), 2 fried eggs in Amish butter. Smoked Blue Cheese and some chicken bone broth.

(Jody) #6952

Tuesday OMAD

1lb 80/20 w/ mozzarella and 2 Italian sausages

the big plate is because there were more sausages, but they got put up for the rest of the week :wink:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6953

No pic, but I’ve just had my lunchtime chaffle which was filled with that chicken liver pate I made last night.

Oh my goodness me. I was thinking about it all night, and then when I sneaked a small spoonful of it this morning while I was making the sandwich it made me daydream about lunch all morning.

Well, chaps, lunch was worth the wait! I don’t like liver in its original ‘format’ - neither the flavour nor the texture appeals - but cooked in half a pound of butter and some seasoning, then blended, it’s DELICIOUS…

Mind you, it was a b****r to spread! Glad I made tomorrow’s sandwich at the same time.

:+1:

(Karen) #6954

Texting and driving has nothing on eating beef brisket and driving.:rofl::joy::rofl:

Lunch, a few Dungeness Crab, Chicken Salad, Deviled Eggs, Cottage Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Pepperoni & Iced Tea and Almond Milk. Also some Pecans and 2 Squares of Ghirardelli Intense Dark.

IMG_2142

(Heather Meyer) #6956

I calculated the net carbs based on the ingridents i used. Also, i got 12 tortillas out of the batch as opposed to 8 that she said she got. I attribute that to the fact that i used a small pot lid and made perfect rounds and then re-used the scraps after each round was cut out. So i ended up with 12. I NEVER go by the bloggers macro count because so many times i have inputed a recipe into Senza based on my ingridents abd always come up with either a way higher net carb and calorie count OR way less serving size.
So now i just calculate my macros for the recipe based on how many servings i get and the specific ingridents i use. Too much variation otherwise.

(Heather Meyer) #6957

It is possible i rolled them thinner than hers too which would mean more re-useable scraps after making the rounds. They do puff up to thicker size when cooked which is why i rolled really thin with a rolling pin

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6958

Mini meatzza for dinner!

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6959

I used herbed ham as the noodles…I’ve used slices of corned beef in the past too. You could use just about any type of sliced meat!

I totally agree with the chocolate…can’t beat a nice bar of Montezuma’s 100%!! :blush:

(Ernest) #6960