What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6919

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It’s pate! Currently cooling down enough to pop into the fridge - I’m going to be spreading it on many many chaffles!

(I’m also imagining what it’ll be like added to scrambled eggs - what is happening to me?)

I have detested liver since I first tasted it as a child. I do love pate though - but many brands are full of things like potato starch and goodness knows what. Thought I couldn’t go too expensively wrong by buying some revolting-looking chicken livers and half a pound of butter and stewing them up together for a bit.

Other ingredients were salt, pepper, a tsp celery seed and a tsp dried onions, all cooked in with the revolting stuff. Whizzed it in my mini chopper and it became a heavenly texture with a delicious rich flavour.

I HATE liver. But it turns out I don’t! :wink:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6920

And the winner is… @DavidStilley! With a one-point penalty though for using the singular form of the word ‘chaffle’!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6921

@KetoSnaps I broke into the liver and eggs adding Brie cubes and cold pâté cubes to the Scramble. Too much work since I don’t use pâté much without something to spread it on. Now I take a couple rashers of bacon snipped in 1” squares and when that’s about cooked I snip in two or three chicken livers into the pan. I cook that about 30 seconds and pour on the eggs with a little garlic granules mixed in. Really easy and delicious, I like it even better than adding pâté. I do it with beef liver too. I just eat maybe 2oz at a time. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6922

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol that’s kind why I’m so confused. I remember my mom serving liver and onions every single time she got pregnant (I’m the oldest of 5, so… lucky me!) and HATED IT, so I’m totally scratching my head over how this could taste good. lol… the butter improves it that much?

(Mame) #6924

liver can taste yucky if over cooked, and it seems easy to overcook

LOL, what did you use for ‘noodles’ ? I have already forgotten.

I never remember to take pictures but I did roast a duck this weekend and it was glorious. I wish they were the size of turkeys. :wink:

Tried a new brand of 100% choc this weekend, nowhere near as good ad Montezuma!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6925

Thanks for the tip! I’ll have to work up to that, though, David - I can’t bear the sight or even the thought of unreformatted livers at this early stage of my liver-eating life! :rofl:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6926

And for this evening: bacon-bandaged salmon with fried eggs and Hollandaise. Scrum.

Looks delicious :slight_smile: I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6928

Thanks! Tried it while it was still warm - now it’s in the fridge, and I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s pate chafflewiches!

(Troy) #6929

My biggest decision/no decision of the day :man_shrugging:t2:

When in doubt on Taco Tuesday
Just order one of each MEAT
Especially at a new location

I guess the cilantro Morsels puts me in the #Dirtycarnivore category
There goes my carnivore streak :weary:
Lol

('Jackie P') #6930

I worked a really busy shift today. Didn’t get near my cheese chaffle! Got home at 7pm, shoved some pre-prepped veg in the oven and baked a camembert!

Like a deconstructed cauliflower and broccoli cheese with sprouts on the side :yum:
Having an early night to watch some crap tv!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6931

@CrackerJax That looks delightfully decadent. You chose wisely. I’m excited about a holiday fondue or two! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6932

Oh Jackie, that cheeeeeeeeeeeeese… :raised_hands::eyes::trophy:

('Jackie P') #6933

Ooo er Mr Stilley! You have plans!:hugs::hugs:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6934

Middle Eastern Grill

Sousvide New York Steak with a generous coat of Aleppo Pepper (Syria) finished on the grill

Grilled Eggplant with Garlic, Cumin, Spearmint and Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil (Tunisian) Lemon Juice and Salt.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Broke my Fast tonight with some Seafood (Dungeness and Shrimp) and London Broil Steak, along with fried Brussel Sprouts, Greek Yogurt with some Lindt’s Chocolate and an Almond Milk.

(Heather Meyer) #6936

First Day back since the month long illness… so glad to be back at it… yay Day 1. I finally popped my chaffle cherry. I guess technically mine is just a waffle though cause i did the cheese less version. Made a late lunch BLT… nom nom!

PS… Dont go shopping for flooring on an empty stomach…you might just grouch at the sales assistant!

(Candy Lind) #6938

No pictures of my OMAD; it was a salad, sirloin with butter & worcestershire, and grilled green beans. I did find something fun when we made a pit stop - slash - coffee run.

(Susan) #6940

That is awesome, Candy =).