What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

('Jackie P') #6799

I love celariac but its a little more carby than celery, which is 3 per 100g as opposed to celariac at 7.5 depending where you look. It comes out at 9.3 g per portion, far too much for every day, but ok for a special dinner.

Awwww so loveleeeey😍

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6800

Yesterday’s Meals

Pre Load Breakfast

I went to a lunch today with Steven and him mom at the community garden we’ve been working at, a thanks for the volunteers. I ate this light breakfast beforehand since I figured it would probably be a vegan affair. I thought there would be some vegetables and salad that I could most likely eat but, NOT! Rice, Black Beans and some kind of corn discs that looked like griddle cooked corn fritters. There was some sort of Coleslaw but I figured seed oils and sugar were involved. And there were lots of sugary deserts (many vegan and gluten free). I felt a little appalled by the “healthy choices” that people believe they are making. Most of the adults have weight issues and of course this whole project is based around building a future for the special needs children involved. It made me a little sad that their dietary beliefs are harmful for the challenged kids too. I was glad I had the KETO “Pre Load”. I hope to pass on some insights into sugar free and low carb ketogenic eating through my involvement there, one person at a time. And share the impact that KETO has had on my whole family.

Quick Dinner

Burger with Primal Foods Ketchup, Herb Crusted Salami, Vermont Cheddar Cheese and some leftover Bacon and Cowboy Candy Hot Slaw. :cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #6801

I love a pj day in the winter☺

('Jackie P') #6802

Yes it is sad that so much damage is done with the best intentions. Go too it @David_Stilley and sort them out, 1 bean at a time. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6803

That’s just it, isn’t it? Scary.

I remember talking to a very-newly-diagnosed type 2 lady in the changing room at the gym a couple of years ago - when I was low carb but not keto, and before I’d found this forum.

She was a guest of the hotel attached to the gym, and was telling me that she’d been really disappointed at breakfast because she’d watched her husband demolish a plate of bacon and eggs etc while she had granola, fruit yoghurt and two slices of brown toast.

Before her diagnosis, she said, she’d’ve had the bacon and eggs, like her husband.

We are constantly told by the world in general that brown starch and fruit are ‘healthy’. And it’s so hard to reprogram the world!

:raised_hands:
And indeed this is how to reprogram the world. One person at a time, as demonstrated by @David_Stilley

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6804

Noooooooooo, don’t limit pj days to the winter - seize the opportunities all year round! :rofl:

#youknowyouwantto

('Jackie P') #6805

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

('Jackie P') #6806

Not totally food orientated but it seems I have left a legacy at my old job!

Now I feel warm and fuzzy inside🤗

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6807

HERO!
:trophy::trophy::trophy:

(Karen) #6808

And a very pretty dish to boot.

Had to run out of the office today, and while I was out decided to grab something to eat. … But honestly, I hate even trying to figure out what to get when I do eat at work, and I didn’t bring it from home. :exploding_head:

So being where I was at with limited choices, I chose Taco-Bell this time being I haven’t eaten there in I can’t say how long? I’ve always enjoyed Taco’s and related dishes. … But wasn’t actually sure just what or if I could find something on the menu to work as Keto-Friendly, but ended up getting a “Power-Bowl” I think it was called? - I got mine with Steak, along with Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese and Guacamole. (Held the Rice and Beans that comes with it) … Actually the size seemed more like a Kids Meal to me if I’m being honest, but I guess it wasn’t too bad overall. (Just very small portions of each item indeed!) :flushed: …Added a couple packets of Mild Taco Sauce and it was basically a ‘tiny’ Steak Salad. - Looks much bigger in the images though. :smile:

(Kristen Ann) #6810

I like your profile picture @Digital_Dave!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6811

Eggs with Grape Tomatoes, Cajun Seasoning, Louisiana Hot Sauce and Vermont Cheddar. :bacon::bacon::bacon:

Grape tomatoes are finished…:confused:

Thank you, Ma’am. … I presently back in Deer Hunting Mode and it seemed fitting. :slight_smile:

(Kristen Ann) #6813

I like that mode too.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6814

Chilli, cheese, cauliflower rice, coriander.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6815

Wow what a crazy day! I spent 7 hours at the dentist today getting 6 teeth prepped for crowns :scream: I’m hurting, swollen, and have a funny looking set of temporaries I have to wear for the next three weeks…which means soft food! I got to eat a chafflewich while I was there but I spent most of day hungry, so I ate like an unsupervised child in a candy store when I got home (despite the pain :rofl:) halloumi, chocolate, scrambled eggs and cheese, halloumi, berries, more chocolate!
Looking forward to more scrambled eggs tomorrow! :joy:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6816

Ouchie! Scrambled eggs sound very soooooothing though. Hugs!

(Susan) #6817

Ouch =( -I hope you have a good dental plan. I haven’t been to the dentist at all since 2013 because of not having coverage for getting stuff fixed… back then they told me I needed a lot of stuff to be done, and I didn’t have the money to go back, so expensive… eek.

I hope that the pain will subside and best wishes for the 3 weeks, @David_Stilley is an expert what to eat during this time, with all the teeth issues he has had. Take care=).

(Jody) #6818

awe … :hugs:

good luck!