What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

('Jackie P') #6719

Thats a crustless quiche! Looks delicious.

(Steaks b4 cakes! 🥩🥂) #6720

Breakfast chafflewich! Consisting of sausage and bacon with buttered chaffles!!

(Jane) #6721

A rare breakfast for me but I didn’t eat enough yesterday after my fast and was hungry this morning.

Prosciutto ham, spinach, onion and cheese omelette with garlic butter on top. One hen egg and one store egg

St.Martin’s weekend, celebrating the day when grape juice turns into wine :wink: traditionally, we eat goose and/or duck, red braised cabbage and mlinci (a sort of dried flatbread, cooked in stock and tossed in meat juices -> some things can’t be ketofied). We had duck, braised red cabbage, sauerkraut with pork rinds and leftover sausage.
We don’t drink wine, so no wine for us :slight_smile:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #6723

I had to get my oil changed this morning and there was a Wawa near the Firestone. I was hungry but I wasn’t sure they’d have anything for me to eat. To my surprise they have omelettes :smiley:

('Jackie P') #6724

Lunch with Mum.

A duo of pates with salad.
And hunters chicken with creamy cheesy garlic mushrooms

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6725

Bacon, Eggs and Brie

Enjoy the weekend…:cowboy_hat_face:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6726

Last night’s leftovers which I’ve heated up - Mr S needed an early tea tonight thanks to having to go out on a job, so I just reached into the fridge for this blow-your-head-off pork and nduja combo. It’s really yummy - even nicer tonight than yesterday.

The white stuff is ‘coolant’, aka a spoonful of homemade yoghurt!

('Jackie P') #6727

Cambozola and tomato chaffwich

:yum:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6728

:point_up_2:
#chaffleaddict

Looks amazing, @CrackerJax! I looooooove cambozola!

(Ellen) #6729

Happy belated birthday, steak looks darn tasty. Hope you had a great day.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6730

Thanks so much! :cut_of_meat:

(Jane) #6731

Reuben with homemade sauerkraut and Carl’s hamburger bun chaffle recipe with caraway seeds for the rye flavor.

Delicious!!!

Had Sous Vide Top Sirloin tonight, this was a very fatty piece near the end so most of the fat got trimmed, and then had some Pickles, Olives and Cheese. Also an Almond Milk & 2 Squares Lindt’s

Afterward, the Wife still wanted to try making some of those Chaffles everyone’s eating, so we made some Ham & Cheese ones, and then a Roast Beef and Swiss. (Which I split with my Son) Both were pretty good, but I still liked my Steak more. :slight_smile:

(Karla Sykes) #6733

What is your recipe for your Divine waffles

(Susan) #6734

That looks delicious Janie. I bought the fixins for that yesterday and my waffle iron came in the mail yesterday. I haven’t had a chance to use it yet.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6735

Hi @Karla_Sykes, it’s evolved since I started chaffling - at the moment for 4 chaffles (2 for me, 2 for Mr S) I blend the following ingredients with my immersion blender:

2 eggs
4 tablespoons grated mozzarella
1 teaspoon butter
A little less than half a teaspoon baking powder

I find the butter means they don’t stick, and means I don’t need to grease the waffle maker.

I like to blend the mixture because otherwise I really don’t like the taste (I find it too eggy and too cheesy for ‘bread’), but using the blender to mix it seems to render the flavour nice and neutral.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6736

Bought a pack of sliced porchetta on sale last week. I’d never heard of it, but it’s Italian roasted pork loin rolled in herbs and wrapped in pork belly.

And it’s turned out to be a yummy part of a lunchtime chaffle treat - the herby flavour was a welcome change to the ham I habitually buy. I laid pieces of it onto the batter before closing the lid. Two chaffles per serving, with creamy blue cheese mushrooms between and on top. The sauce was just cream and Stilton added to the butter-cooked mushrooms and reduced and thickened just by simmering.

A heap of krautslaw on the side for good measure.

Bottom layer:

The whole thing:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #6737

My well balanced breakfast of nitro cold brew with nothing added :blush:

('Jackie P') #6738

Lunch at the Bent Arms

Goats cheese and mushroom salad to start.

Then roast beef with jus and plenty of green vegetables with butter. 1 piece of carrot for colour :blush:

Coffee and cream to finish. Very nice.