What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!

(Steve) #6297

Moussaka Recipe
We swapped out the yogurt for high fat ricotta

We had leftovers last night, even better the second night…delicious!

(Karen) #6298

Here’s a cute picture of my pumpkin for Halloween on top of the deck table.

And lovely daikon mashed potatoes tonight, with sausage

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6299

Oooh I picked up a half-price daikon this week, which I was going to ferment when I got round to it. Never thought of turning it into mash! Any tips? Or literally just boil and mash?

Love the pumpkin! Snow looks so pretty! It’s been raining all day in this corner of south-east UK…

(Karen) #6300

Treat it just like a potato. Flavor with salt, pepper, herbs, garlic, a little onion powder, and don’t forget the butter

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6301

Oooooh, can’t wait to try it - thanks so much!

:point_up_2:
I live my life by this mantra!

('Jackie P') #6302

Beefburger with cheese and bacon, served in a chaffle! Delicious but I couldn’t finish it :yum:
Ps, excuse my finger!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6303

@KetoSnaps I like adding garlic powder and parmesan cheese myself! And sour cream or heavy cream. Let the daikon drain well before mashing. It tends to be a little harder to mash smooth than potatoes, I always use my cuisinart or try an immersion blender if you have one. I also started cooking the daikon in the Instant Pot after I got one, I set it for about 5-6 minutes if I remember right. I haven’t made it for a bit.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6304

Thanks, David - yes, I think I’ll use my immersion blender, which is how I make my caulimash.

Thinking about it, it’s funny that an immersion blender is the perfect tool for mashing pretty much anything except potatoes (unless you need wallpaper adhesive!). :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’ll try it with cheese - I always add cheese, butter, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast flakes to my caulimash, so I might just try the same combo for my first daikon-mashing foray.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #6305

Slow cooker chilli:

My cauliflower rice loves me:

Because I overestimated the volume of chaffle batter for the sandwiches I made last night, I made a couple extra. Toasted them with some cheeese… and they’re kind of hiding all that chilli! :rofl:

(Ellen) #6306

Fab thanks, have book marked that to try one I have a kitchen again.

(Ellen) #6307

Thursday is steak night at the local pub, again they subbed the fries for the buttered cabbage with bacon, it’s a hard keto life.

(Susan) #6308

What a great pub, that is awesome that they are so cooperative, that looks delicious.

Broke my Fast with a quick lunch today, since I have a bunch of stuff lined up for tomorrow. - Just some Work-desk goodies… Smoked Vienna’s, Pepperoni, Pecans, 2 Squares Lindt’s Dark. Also had a Tea, a few Olives and a few Pickles. (Also have Top Sirloins in the Sous Vide since last night, for later.)

IMG_1826

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6310

Your order please…?

Steven’s Breakfast

Ground Beef, Lacinato, Two Eggs Cherry Tomatoes

My Breakfast

Ground Beef, Four Eggs, Sweet Pepper, Cherry Tomatoes, Jalapeño Havarti and Sour Cream

Steven’s on limited eggs now so I have to cook separately and add more filler to his and more meat.

”Like I’m runnin’ a restaurant here!” :man_cook:t3:

:cowboy_hat_face:

Quick meal before hitting the bed for an early start tomorrow. Have to be up at 2am… Had a Salad, the some Cod, along with a couple nice pieces of Top Sirloin (Sous Vide since last night) and some Cauliflower. All with a little butter. :grin: (Some had already melted, so added more for the pic)

(Ellen ) #6312

Good looking kid David

(Karen) #6313

Daikon radish mash, sausage, salad, soup

The radishes are a little bit bitter. I had to add quite a bit of salt and it was still bitter

For some reason, it always makes me smile to see him in your photos. I don’t get to see my son often since he moved so far away from me, so I imagine your son’s visits, and you having to make breakfast to order for him, must make you feel happy. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #6315

Pot Roast Dinner

Pot Roast & Gravy, Spaghetti Squash and Broccoli with Garlic Lemon Butter

We had another beach day today, it was hot at my house. I made the meat this morning in the Instant Pot, took it out and did the squash in there too. I haven’t had winter squash in over a year. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Susan) #6316

That looks delicious =).